I don't want to read the manual. Stomp XL switches

You still get IR loading with HXFX. What amps do you have? If the tone isn't relying heavily on power tube saturation your amps preamp and do an iron block maybe all you need to scratch the direct itch. I have a Stomp but am using it in 4CM with an MT15 and use the preamp into an IR at home and it sounds good
I have a Line 6 Catalyst and I have dialed in some pretty good tones for what I do, but the ability to switch between presets sucks. I was thinking of adding the HXFX for additional effects and midi control, but the additional modeling features of the Stomp & XL for a few bucks more has me second guessing.

I'll read up more on your suggestions. I'm in no hurry either way.

I am proud of you!
It was great, wasn't it?

I'm a nerd that actually enjoys reading manuals.

Books Read GIF

Other companies need to take note from Mesa and make their manuals read more like an erotic novel

Yes, such as this scintillating passage from the Electra Dyne manual:

“This time proven circuit has been revisited, scrutinized and feel-optimized to create an even more luscious clean voice that gets further enhanced by the curvaceous magic of the Simul-Class Power section…

… More tube stages are added and circuitry flipped to create this Boogie-ized, Simul-Class rendering of a modified English amp that’s been pumped for every drop of the precious tube nectar..”

Yes, such as this scintillating passage from the Electra Dyne manual:

“This time proven circuit has been revisited, scrutinized and feel-optimized to create an even more luscious clean voice that gets further enhanced by the curvaceous magic of the Simul-Class Power section…

… More tube stages are added and circuitry flipped to create this Boogie-ized, Simul-Class rendering of a modified English amp that’s been pumped for every drop of the precious tube nectar..”
south-park-s02e17c02-tweek-bros-16x9.jpg

Also, as someone who had to read Roland and Boss manuals from the 1980’s and 90’s, shame on all of you for complaining. I learned to use my Boss SE-50 and Roland W-30 uphill, both ways.

Back