Any Two Notes CAB M+ fans?

Any fans of the Two Notes CAB M+? Any tips or tricks? What're your favorite cab sims? How are you using it? What gain (OD, distortion, fuzz, etc) pedals are you using with it? Stuff like that.

I got all of the ENGL cabs before the most recent pack, which are pretty good. I've been using the ones with the Eminence DV77 and Hesu speakers mostly. I use them with the bass preamp (which is apparently based on one of the channels from the SF Bassman) and use various different pedals (currently using a Deucetone Rat and Queen of Crow KOT clone). I have it set to 0db (rather than the -24db and +12db or whatever they are) as I feel this gets me the best sound.

Anyways, curious what the rest of you have to say.

Im a fan of the brand and have at least half of their DynIRs and a Reload. I never had a need for the CAB M as I dont play physical amps live.

Any fans of the Two Notes CAB M+? Any tips or tricks? What're your favorite cab sims? How are you using it? What gain (OD, distortion, fuzz, etc) pedals are you using with it? Stuff like that.

I got all of the ENGL cabs before the most recent pack, which are pretty good. I've been using the ones with the Eminence DV77 and Hesu speakers mostly. I use them with the bass preamp (which is apparently based on one of the channels from the SF Bassman) and use various different pedals (currently using a Deucetone Rat and Queen of Crow KOT clone). I have it set to 0db (rather than the -24db and +12db or whatever they are) as I feel this gets me the best sound.

Anyways, curious what the rest of you have to say.
I had it paired with my Quad Cortex back when I had it as I preferred the Torpedo cabs. It was a great little device although the onboard UI was rough

I had it paired with my Quad Cortex back when I had it as I preferred the Torpedo cabs. It was a great little device although the onboard UI was rough
The computer app is great, but unfortunately, the mobile app seems to be pretty much trash. At least for Android devices.

Yes, loving it! :)

I'm using an attenuator with most of my amps, feeding its line-out directly into the Cab M+.

It's awesome for headphone playing, can be recorded into an interface right away, and will definitely make any sane FOH tech appreciate the easy solution.

The computer app is great, but unfortunately, the mobile app seems to be pretty much trash. At least for Android devices.
Loving my CAB M+, though I'm afraid that's 100% true.

As long as it stays connected, the Android app is great, but there's some radically "disruptive" connectivity issues that I can't seem to get rid of - which makes me assume they're caused by the app itself, rather than by the phone used.

Got one of these (Cab M+) for Christmas... loving it. So far the iOS app works extremely well for me. Although I have used it about half and half computer vs iOS.

First thing I did was back up the device and then wipe all the factory presets and then created a bunch of simple ones with only a Cab and reverb for use with an amp. Was expecting good things based on prior experience with the Captor X.

Btw, how are you folks connecting these with an attenuator?

I found that amp -> attenuator line out -> CAB M gives me (subjectively) "better" results than using the CAB M between amp and attenuator.

Btw, how are you folks connecting these with an attenuator?

I found that amp -> attenuator line out -> CAB M gives me (subjectively) "better" results than using the CAB M between amp and attenuator.
I did not experiment with it too much but mine is setup the reverse. I was getting a hum with the line out from the attenuator to the CAB M+ it may have been due to a cable or something.

I did not experiment with it too much but mine is setup the reverse. I was getting a hum with the line out from the attenuator to the CAB M+ it may have been due to a cable or something.

Thanks for the reply! :)

That's interesting. I've used mine with a Fender "Evil" Twin and an Ampeg VT-22.

The latter does hum slightly, when on its own, but does not when using the attenuator and CAB M, which makes me clueless about the source of the hum - it's not too audible when playing, though. Kinda sounds like a fridge at night, fwiw.

I was under the impression both amps sounded better to my ears with the signal "properly" attenuated and fed into the CAB M afterwards, thus shunning the CAB M's headroom.

The VT-22 has quite the hefty signal, after all. ;)

Back