Amped 1 initial thoughts as power amp only

Hello,
Silly question maybe but is it possible to plug a 8ohms cabinet in an output and a 4ohms cabinet in another output?

Hello,
Silly question maybe but is it possible to plug a 8ohms cabinet in an output and a 4ohms cabinet in another output?
Careful there!

If it's even possible to attach two cabs at the same time, it wouldn't be the best idea to mismatch impedance.

Initial thoughts:
Not Happening No Way GIF by WTA

Got the power amps today. The Synergy5050 was a huge disappointment. Awful sounding power amp. It's going back.

The Palmer on the other hand is excellent!!! Probably the best SS power amp I've played and actually better than a lot of tube power amps too. Definitely a keeper!!!

Quick demo

For some reason people seem to not want to take my word for it that the Syn 50/50 sucks.

Hello,
4 and 8 ohms in parallel is about 3.4ohms. Look at the specs and see what's the minimum load allowed. If it's 2ohms you're good. If it's 4 I'd be careful. It's not a huge mismatch, probably safe for low volume but I wouldn't do it anywhere near stage volume.
Also, the cabs are not going to be the same volume.

Back