Amp in the Room !

JFC this. Should be a sticky. :ROFLMAO:
giphy.gif

JFC this. Should be a sticky. :ROFLMAO:
But which load box should I buy to go with it? And what power amp should I get to reamp it into a cab? And what cab should I get? And then when I reamp it through my 9" x 9" x 5" 1x10" cab, how do I get it to sound like 6 4x12 cabs? If I'm putting my FM3 in the effects loop for reverb and delay, can I use a cab block with a blank IR, but still use the preamp modeling in it to add a little bit of mic pre saturation to the sound? Which tape saturation plugin should I use (You didn't think I wasn't going to run this shit through my DAW before reamping through my cab, did you?!?)

Damn! I have got to spend some time with this album. I kind of fell off after wearing holes through a few copies of Facelift and Dirt.

It’s not an album full of bangers like Facelift or Dirt, but it’s a really fantastic vibe album. Some really cool tones for Jerry and even with Layne’s health diminished to what it was, he has some great stuff on it.

While I could never pick a favorite AIC song, if I HAD to, this would probably be it-

For those who own a fractal and want that amp in the room Cooper shows you how to get that Amp where I'm at sound

:beer

THE sheer amount of tweakability in the fractal units is pretty impressive and amazing. And the editor is very very very well made and visually very simple to get around in from what i can tell.

That thread where the OP is saying that this method "sounds great" is pretty funny. I listened to the clips and it does not "sound great." It sounds exactly you'd expect an analog cabinet sim from 10 years ago to sound. For clean tones, it actually sounds pretty nice and has a lot of presence and sparkle. For anything else it sounds ratty and thin.

No shit! I am at a loss when someone comes along and is like, "This was a gamechanger for me!"

I am like, "What game are you trying to change, and why?"

:oops:

That sounds like really good news in this here room.

Back