Alright Wookie. What's happening with Boogie on the 22nd?

Maybe. The company that ruined KRK is mostly gone now though, so it’s somewhat uncharted territory.
Agree the King Henry era is past and maybe there is room for repentance, but we are talking about the same company that brought the Firebird X to market. Lets see what happens, but I have little faith.

I’m not picking on Friedman, but based on seven years dealing with repairs, there’s just no way in the world anyone’s going to convince me Friedmans are as well made as Mesas.

I think it's hard for any amp company to compete with Mesa's reliability; they have a decades-long track record of outstanding build quality. I don't really consider them a boutique company, either, which I think is all the more impressive.

While the rapid acceleration in increases is a valid point, a JP-2C is $750 less than a BE-100DLX, nearly a grand less than a SLO100. I don't think they're out of line, as much as I'd love to go back to the days of a $2500 100w hand made head.

I’m not picking on Friedman, but based on seven years dealing with repairs, there’s just no way in the world anyone’s going to convince me Friedmans are as well made as Mesas.
Not trying to convince you, but in my experience Friedman amps are way better made and supported. I have a Mesa Nomad, just Google it, they are famous for failed potentiometers, and there are about 24 of them. They claimed that it was caused by people dropping the amp or bumping the potentiometers really hard, but no, they were just poorly made $1.00 pots. I think I had 8 fail on mine, even Mesa tech support said "dang we really screwed you on this one" as he took my credit card info. I've had 3 Friedman amps and I had two problems, one was my fault, the amp was just fine, the other did require a repair. In both cases Dave Friedman went through the amps and didn't charge me anything. In my experience Friedman support is top notch, Mesa not so much because they knew that they had a manufacturing defect and still charged me to get it fixed. Of course this is just my personal opinion.

Not trying to convince you, but in my experience Friedman amps are way better made and supported. I have a Mesa Nomad, just Google it, they are famous for failed potentiometers, and there are about 24 of them. They claimed that it was caused by people dropping the amp or bumping the potentiometers really hard, but no, they were just poorly made $1.00 pots. I think I had 8 fail on mine, even Mesa tech support said "dang we really screwed you on this one" as he took my credit card info. I've had 3 Friedman amps and I had two problems, one was my fault, the amp was just fine, the other did require a repair. In both cases Dave Friedman went through the amps and didn't charge me anything. In my experience Friedman support is top notch, Mesa not so much because they knew that they had a manufacturing defect and still charged me to get it fixed. Of course this is just my personal opinion.
Yeah I mean it’s all anecdotal, I suppose. But in eight years I’ve seen a dozen or so Friedmans for various issues, from the Runt to the BE100. Mesas are in either for a clean and check, or because someone did physical damage to it.

Yeah I mean it’s all anecdotal, I suppose. But in eight years I’ve seen a dozen or so Friedmans for various issues, from the Runt to the BE100. Mesas are in either for a clean and check, or because someone did physical damage to it.
Do you repair amps? Maybe I misunderstood.

It'll be fun checking these out. They're pretty well loaded for a small head. Still has the reactive load and IR thing built in.

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

Back