Alright Wookie. What's happening with Boogie on the 22nd?

JT

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
@paisleywookiee :hmm I just saw the teaser image.
Tell Me More The Goldbergs GIF by ABC Network

I'm going to not be happy if it's just the BL25 that leaked out 13 weeks ago :idk

Not to be Debbie Downer, but I think I'm done even considering paying full new price with Mesas anyway. The recent increases have put them at just silly levels. For example, the Badlander 100 is now $600 more than when I bought one eight months ago. It's at just under $4k here in Canada.

(Especially when I consider I got my entire Electra Dyne half-stack (used), both head and Mesa Trad 4x12, for $1600 Cdn a few years ago, which is less than $1200 US total…)

Yup. I couldn't give away my ED head a few years back. Custom tolex from the factory, too. I think
it was like $850 or something ridiculous with free shipping. I am afraid to check back and look,
because it may have been less than that.

Not to be Debbie Downer, but I think I'm done even considering paying full new price with Mesas anyway. The recent increases have put them at just silly levels. For example, the Badlander 100 is now $600 more than when I bought one eight months ago. It's at just under $4k here in Canada.
While the rapid acceleration in increases is a valid point, a JP-2C is $750 less than a BE-100DLX, nearly a grand less than a SLO100. I don't think they're out of line, as much as I'd love to go back to the days of a $2500 100w hand made head.

I’m not picking on Friedman, but based on seven years dealing with repairs, there’s just no way in the world anyone’s going to convince me Friedmans are as well made as Mesas.

Last edited:
While the rapid acceleration in increases is a valid point, a JP-2C is $750 less than a BE-100DLX, nearly a grand less than a SLO100. I don't think they're out of line, as much as I'd love to go back to the days of a $2500 100w hand made head.

I’m not picking on Friedman, but based on seven years dealing with repairs, there’s just no way in the world anyone’s going to convince me Friedmans are as well made as Mesas.

I see what you're saying, but to me Friedmans have always been utterly outrageously priced, and just not even an option, out of principle. I will not spend that kind of money on an amp head. (A (used) Custom Shop Gibson, yes.)

So it's a comparison to something that's already been extreme and silly for a while, for me, whereas Mesa was very recently still within the realm of what seems reasonable, again, in my viewpoint. Clearly people will pay that much for Friedmans, so all the power to Friedman for it, and if Mesa/Gibson wants to reach for that, great, but I won't be paying it.

Yup. I couldn't give away my ED head a few years back. Custom tolex from the factory, too. I think
it was like $850 or something ridiculous with free shipping. I am afraid to check back and look,
because it may have been less than that.

There was a great time there where almost all used Mesas were in the $800 range. Sucked for those who bought new, but made for a cool and valuable used market.

Dynes seem to risen to $1000-1200, these days (Cdn). Still a great value.

It’s our dollar and inflation
Local store SLO 30 earlier this year
Was 3699 for a snakeskin one
Now plain black that just got restocked 4299 that’s up like 700 in
Less than a year

Last edited:
I see what you're saying, but to me Friedmans have always been utterly outrageously priced, and just not even an option, out of principle. I will not spend that kind of money on an amp head. (A (used) Custom Shop Gibson, yes.)

So it's a comparison to something that's already been extreme and silly for a while, for me, whereas Mesa was very recently still within the realm of what seems reasonable, again, in my viewpoint. Clearly people will pay that much for Friedmans, so all the power to Friedman for it, and if Mesa/Gibson wants to reach for that, great, but I won't be paying it.
That next tier to those Freidman prices is truly insane. I buy gear all the time obviously but that's wayyyyyyyy too rich for my blood.

I still want an Electradyne at some point though :bag

It’s our dollar and Justinflation
Local store SLO 30 earlier this year
Was 3699 for a snakeskin one
Now plain black that just got restocked 4299 that’s up like 700 in
Less than a year

I could be wrong, but I think the Mesa/Gibson (those joined words make me sad, even though I play both almost exclusively) price increases have been put in effect everywhere.

Also, saying “Justinflation” is pretty political, which is not something this site wants, according to its mods/creators.

I could be wrong, but I think the Mesa/Gibson (those joined words make me sad, even though I play both almost exclusively) price increases have been put in effect everywhere.

Also, saying “Justinflation” is pretty political, which is not something this site wants, according to its mods/creators.
Fixed it for you sorry to offend
But yes the costs in Canada are ridiculous on music gear at the moment

Back