Aim the Arrow Gas

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
I had an LTD Arrow-1000 a few years ago that I loved, but had to sell to help offset moving costs when I bought my house. Now, whenever I see a sweet V shaped guitar, I GAS for another Arrow.

Well, I think I'm going to buy myself one for Christmas, so that's as good a reason as any to start hunting now.

This is what I had:

9ARBLUG.jpg

I really dug it in just about all ways, from feel to color to tone - well, not a big EMG fan, but still loved it anyway.

In considering a replacement, I've landed on either a Black Metal:

images

Mainly cause I love 1Knob/1Hum guitars or, trying to hunt down another Arrow 1000 exactly like what I had. I do love the Arctic Metal version, but it doesn't seem to be available with a Floyd.

To throw a wrench into it, the only Arrow in any of the local stores is a 200, not a 1000:

40105-S000071834-1

And those entry level LTD pickups are hot garbage...

But, it's like half the price...

Ultimately, I want to drop a Fishman Classic in it (if I get an EMG equipped one) and def want a trem on it, as I only have one other non-fixed bridge fiddle and it's my 1994 RG that I'd prefer to not abuse.

Give me your unsolicited opinions - well, I guess they're technically solicited now since I'm asking, but... ya know..

Attachments

• 1701284525462.jpeg
    1701284525462.jpeg
    3.6 KB · Views: 18
Ok, still deciding here. Which would you buy?

A.
original.png

B.
original.png

or

Try and get another white one, which would have to be used.

P5NkT7Y.jpg

I asked some LTD players about the Arrow and found out the candy apple is a matte/satin red that polishes up with contact over time. That will likely drive me crazy, so I think the CAR is now out of the running. :(

I asked some LTD players about the Arrow and found out the candy apple is a matte/satin red that polishes up with contact over time. That will likely drive me crazy, so I think the CAR is now out of the running. :(

:Boo

The ONLY reason I’ve never gone with a matte finish. That would drive my OCD-self absolutely nuts.

That would drive me nuts too.

Back