NGD: LTD KH content

greatmutah

Roadie
So I saw Metallica back in November at both Detroit dates and had a blast. I was fanboying pretty hard after that and the wife suggested I get something to go along with that. Mainly because she liked the Ouija board version Kirk played live. Now finding an LTD in purple Sparkle with the Ouija graphics isn’t happening right now, but I did get this guy instead. KH-602, EMG Bonebreaker pickups, Floyd 1000. Neck plays great, radius is pretty flat and the thick frets help for fast playing and big bends. Fit and finish out of the box was great. I ran through most of the Metallica riffs I can still play and had a ball. Did I mention the finish is stunning in person. Pics don’t do it justice.

i8XDGZy.jpeg

CfYJSTK.jpeg

U7mxwBy.jpeg

GWDMQtG.jpeg

Congrats!!!!

I am in love with that purple sparkle. It’s nothing I’d ever normally associate with a ‘metal‘ guitar, but the second Kirk started playing them I was in love. Doesn’t seem like ESP is cheapening the finish at all, either, them some nice big sparkles!

The sparkles look stunning in person. This one is MIK and I’m very impressed with the fit and finish. Plus the actual USA EMG Bonebreaker pickups sound really, really good. The only thing I’m going to change is the trem arm itself. I have zero issue with the 1000 series Floyd. I’ve used em on other guitars with no issues. I’m also not a heavy trem abuser. What I’m going to do though is swap the existing arm for a push in arm and set screw combo. I made that upgrade on my So Cal and it was eye opening. It made the trem and arm feel more like one unit.

I did not actually! I didn’t really get into Exodus until the Rob Dukes era (Shovel Headed Kill Machine onward).

Back