Adventures in dumb activities.

I'll have one after Christmas
:chef

Dude you will love it.

The thing I love most about the AXE III is all the inputs and outputs, including USB. If you split them off from stereo you have a ton. I couldn't live without it at this point.

Cliff deserves some kind of lifetime achievement award from every Guitar magazine, really.

Similar to that other screenshot I uploaded, from this single preset I can run:
1. Tonex via USB
2. A real amp via the Suhr RL
3. A Kemper Profiler with just the amp Profile and effects via the AXE
4. AXE-III JVM410H model
5. AXE-III BE-100 model
6. Helix Native via USB from my other interface
7. Kemper direct, meaning nothing from the AXE (Kemper into In2 and then direct to Out1)
8. A real amp via the Captor.

That's SIX different platforms all running at the same time and I can switch to any of them via MIDI (Morningstar MC8) and use it to turn on and off effects, etc.

...............Multiplexer Block.............
Angry Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

KxmCZmf.png

To shoot Kemper Profiles, all I have to do is change to a different Preset. I don't have to unplug a damn thing. I could swap out the IR Player block for a Dynacab if I wanted to but I have this one IR that I'm totally obsessed with. This also allows me to use the AXE Drives into the amp and Profile the amp with a drive if I want to.

ngNyzuU.png

Last edited:
Dude you will love it.

The thing I love most about the AXE III is all the inputs and outputs, including USB. If you split them off from stereo you have a ton. I couldn't live without it at this point.

Cliff deserves some kind of lifetime achievement award from every Guitar magazine, really.

Similar to that other screenshot I uploaded, from this single preset I can run:
1. Tonex via USB
2. A real amp via the Suhr RL
3. A Kemper Profiler with just the amp Profile and effects via the AXE
4. AXE-III JVM410H model
5. AXE-III BE-100 model
6. Helix Native via USB from my other interface
7. Kemper direct, meaning nothing from the AXE (Kemper into In2 and then direct to Out1)
8. A real amp via the Captor.

That's SIX different platforms all running at the same time and I can switch to any of them via MIDI (Morningstar MC8) and use it to turn on and off effects, etc.

...............Multiplexer Block................
Angry Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

KxmCZmf.png

To shoot Kemper Profiles, all I have to do is change to a different Preset. I don't have to unplug a damn thing. I could swap out the IR Player block for a Dynacab if I wanted to but I have this one IR that I'm totally obsessed with. This also allows me to use the AXE Drives into the amp and Profile the amp with a drive if I want to.

ngNyzuU.png
The III is badass. Full stop.

Honestly I've never used the RL with a speaker connected. I have a TwoNotes Captor 8 and the Suhr and I prefer the Shur, every time. It's much quieter and if I'm honest, I trust it more with my amps.
Yeah I gave Two Notes a try with an Revv D20 and a Captor and I had noise issues with both and I know how to deal with ground loop hum etc. Then got a Suhr RL with IRs in an DAW or pedal and the Two Notes went bye bye. I agree and trust my amps with the Suhr more. The Fryette PLIR is a good option if you want an all in one and even has an analog cab sim which gives you another mixing tone option.

Last edited:
Yeah I gave Two Notes a try with an Revv D20 and a Captor and I had nose issues with both and I know how to deal with ground loop hum etc. Then got a Suhr RL with IRs in an DAW or pedal and the Two Notes went bye bye. I agree and trust my amps with the Suhr more. The Fryette PLIR is a good option if you want an all in one and even has an analog cab sim which gives you another mixing tone option.
What's your thoughts on reactive load without a speaker at the end vs just the load box? I'm trying to figure out if I'm crazy (outside of the craziness I'm already confirmed to be)

What's your thoughts on reactive load without a speaker at the end vs just the load box? I'm trying to figure out if I'm crazy (outside of the craziness I'm already confirmed to be)
You ain’t crazy. I’m the one flying animated middle finger gifs remember ?:crazy

Of the ones I have experience with, if the amp is going only into the load with no speaker after that…. I’ve not heard any difference if I understand your question right.

Reactions: JT
You ain’t crazy. I’m the one flying animated middle finger gifs remember ?:crazy

Of the ones I have experience with, if the amp is going only into the load with no speaker after that…. I’ve not heard any difference if I understand your question right.
For whatever dumb reason; I like the feel and little bit of extra something "happening"with the speaker still connected while the load is engaged. Headphone jack disables the speaker out so no f'ing idea what I am imagining but I tend to latch on to the stupid shit and stick to it :rofl

For whatever dumb reason; I like the feel and little bit of extra something "happening"with the speaker still connected while the load is engaged. Headphone jack disables the speaker out so no f'ing idea what I am imagining but I tend to latch on to the stupid shit and stick to it :rofl

You would think that the push/pull on the cab would affect something. I’d have to have the house cleared and put the cab in another room but it would be interesting to see if it sounds or feels better / different.

You would think that the push/pull on the cab would affect something. I’d have to have the house cleared and put the cab in another room but it would be interesting to see if it sounds or feels better / different.
If you try it; report back. It's fun either way. I'm ready for some post Christmas riffing!

@Orvillain posted graphs showing the differences between a load box and a speaker load that
made me question the virtues and validity of load boxes altogether. The differences were massive.

Graphs don't lie. I still have not recovered. :idk

Last edited:
Yeah honestly I can’t remember when I had my 50 watt EVH. I used a headphone plug adapter as a way to “load it”. Interesting. You know the way they may be to doing that is effected by the absence of a speaker even when loaded.

• 100%
Back