About to teardown my Helix LT to clean the footswitches: any tips?

@Bob Zaod Welp now I'm in the same boat as you. Line 6 told my local service center just to do reset procedures. No parts were sent. He's over with arguing with them going in circles and now sending me back the pedal in the same condition I sent it. Disappointed with the customer service on this "warranty".

That sucks.

Anyone had to have their stomp's footswitches serviced? I sent it to my local authorized service center wanting to support local business...thinking it would only need a cleaning due to the glitchy footswitches (it's still under warranty). But it's been there for a month and my service center said their just waiting on replacement footswitches from Line 6.
No serious service center will use contact spray on these switches unless there is no other way to fix it since its not a serious repair really, trust me i have been working in repairing electronics professionally since the 90´s and in the late 80´s i worked in assemby of electronics. Using contact cleaner is more of a home "repair" replacing the components is the correct way. These look like pretty standard cheap switches but the specs can be somewhat specific to how much pressure should be applied, some switches are harder and some softer to suit the purpose so you need the correct one for it to work as the other switches do.

No serious service center will use contact spray on these switches unless there is no other way to fix it since its not a serious repair really, trust me i have been working in repairing electronics professionally since the 90´s and in the late 80´s i worked in assemby of electronics. Using contact cleaner is more of a home "repair" replacing the components is the correct way. These look like pretty standard cheap switches but the specs can be somewhat specific to how much pressure should be applied, some switches are harder and some softer to suit the purpose so you need the correct one for it to work as the other switches do.
I mean I’m not disagreeing? My service center didn’t use contact spray…they wanted to replace the switches, which line 6 refused to send, even under warranty.

I mean I’m not disagreeing? My service center didn’t use contact spray…they wanted to replace the switches, which line 6 refused to send, even under warranty.
You now say they refused to send them, earlier that they are waiting on them. Its not uncommon from my expereince to have to wait for certain parts sometimes quite a bit of time even but these are also very simple parts and probably generic as well unlike parts that are specifically designed for a product. If its an authorized Line6 service center then it sounds strange that they would refuse to send the parts.

Update: submitted a ticket to Line 6. Got a quick response. They'll help me RMA and get me a UPS label to ship the unit to the main Line 6 service center.

mortal kombat mk GIF

Back