A mild grumble+warning about IK Multimedia & Amplitube 5 Max

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

Hopefully my Italian food staple comments didn’t come off as an insult. I was dead serious (Sicilian here). Those things are like hens teeth in the area I live.
Personally I could never find Italian food staple comments an insult unless coming from my doctor telling me to stop eating them. Luckily that hasn't happened yet, it has been enough of a bitter pill day as it is (and that's not an insult I sincerely appreciate the pills bitter or not... not sure why almost every literal pill has to be bitter but I'll stick to the figurative pills today).
You just framed up your apology in the form of another insult. I’m going to remind you of something. I’m not the one here representing my company publicly. You would do better to mind your manners.
Thank you for your input and what appears to be some odd veiled threat. I do mind my manners (rules) of this forum directly and literally, I may be a vendor but this isn't a "rules for thee but not for me" if a vendor doesn't give you the answers you want to hear.

Yeah, whatever interest I had in ToneX has 1000% evaporated. It seems that stuff like ToneX winding up a product that will have zero resale value because it depends on non-transferrable software that costs enough to make it pointless to buy used hardware is not a bug, but in fact a feature designed into the product and that's the mentality driving the all of their products.

I'm glad you guys are successful, and you don't have to share any numbers for me to believe that, but as I said -- this market area is way too crowded for me to waste my time dealing with this kind of company.

Thank you for your input and what appears to be some odd veiled threat. I do mind my manners (rules) of this forum directly and literally, I may be a vendor but this isn't a "rules for thee but not for me" if a vendor doesn't give you the answers you want to hear.
Just reminding you of your role.

I don’t make threats.

Man up a bit.

Yeah, whatever interest I had in ToneX has 1000% evaporated. It seems that stuff like ToneX winding up a product that will have zero resale value because it depends on non-transferrable software that costs enough to make it pointless to buy used hardware is not a bug, but in fact a feature designed into the product and that's the mentality driving the all of their products.

I'm glad you guys are successful, and you don't have to share any numbers for me to believe that, but as I said -- this market area is way too crowded for me to waste my time dealing with this kind of company.
It depends on a software that you can download for free on IK's site. I get the Max version is a perk but imo the fact they bundled it along with a pedal for $400 is pretty wild if you think about it. And I think they bundled AT5 as well?

Would it be ideal if Max was transferred with it? Yes. But you are making it seem like you can't connect your Tone X pedal to the computer without Tone X Max which isn't true.

And again, totally fine you being upset but unfortunately I don't think the IK rep posting here can snap their fingers and make it so. They can certainly report your feedback to their coworkers and supervisors but in my experience, going over the top in your anger will just have them write you off.

Back when I worked at Walmart customer service, we were much more willing to go the extra mile for disgruntled customers that were rightfully upset but also respectful and calm. Customer service sucks, but at the end of the day customers just want the best experience possible and the company wants the best experience possible for their customers

Ah sorry, I didn't see "Moderator" under your username so I didn't realize.
You can repeatedly deflect all you want into non existent issues, however that’s not going to influence your results with me.

More substance is your friend.

It depends on a software that you can download for free on IK's site. I get the Max version is a perk but imo the fact they bundled it along with a pedal for $400 is pretty wild if you think about it. And I think they bundled AT5 as well?

Would it be ideal if Max was transferred with it? Yes. But you are making it seem like you can't connect your Tone X pedal to the computer without Tone X Max which isn't true.
Just in case anybody is confused as this is referencing a more comprehensive thread about it - for secondhand transferred TONEX Pedal, TONEX MAX is not transferred to the new user (this is the case with software that is free with a hardware purchase, even pre-TONEX Pedal, for context). However, the TONEX Pedal serial number transferred will allow the new user Librarian functionality in their version of TONEX including the free CS version. Just to be clear.

That said, and I don't think I said it in the other thread, I've asked that we at least extend some offer to TONEX Pedal 2nd hand buyers including how they can be identified as a group in order to make sure we reach them all. However, that's not something that is happening at this time but I'll do my best to remind/bump.

No, I'm just talking about the value proposition on the used market for the hardware. Of course software bundles are cool. But bundling them in a way that makes the value of the hardware you are actually buying plummet is wildly uncool.

No, I'm just talking about the value proposition on the used market for the hardware. Of course software bundles are cool. But bundling them in a way that makes the value of the hardware you are actually buying plummet is wildly uncool.
Imo the Tone X pedal is worth $400 even without bundled software. I viewed the additional software as a bonus, not that it was included in the cost of the pedal.

I could be misinterpreting what you mean tho

Imo the Tone X pedal is worth $400 even without bundled software. I viewed the additional software as a bonus, not that it was included in the cost of the pedal.

I could be misinterpreting what you mean tho
Yes, but if I'm buying used...I'm not spending anywhere close to $400, because for that kinda money I'll just buy new and get the software.

Yes, but if I'm buying used...I'm not spending anywhere close to $400, because for that kinda money I'll just buy new and get the software.
Well yeah ideally you would spend less than new when buying used. Maybe around $250?

Not to name other companies but I fail to see how this is different than what line 6 is offering right now with the HX stomp. Buy new and you get native and metallurgy (sp?) That's a $500 or so software bundle. But maybe you can transfer that software? So you have to determine if the used market is at a price point for the product that without the software, you would be interested vs buying new? For Tone X I'd spend $250 or so used for the pedal. But as I mentioned, I thought $400 was fair for solely the pedal and didn't even know about the bundled software until I read more into it.

But if you are making the point that the used market should be reduced to about $100 to account for the lack of software that is available when buying new, I think we both know that just doesn't make sense

oh, you'd like to demo this new plugin? HERE HAVE SOME WHITE NOISE BLASTS EVERY 3 SECONDS (AND WE INSTALLED EVERYTHING ELSE WE MAKE AGAIN JUST INCASE)

Stupid marketing practices, I bought a reverb from them a while ago, I refuse to install all that unusable junk in my computer just to run the app I own. Lesson learned I’ll never buy anything from them again!!!

Let's clarify.

What can you do with just a used pedal without a license? Download 20 tone models TOTAL from Tonenet? Can you still capture your amps devices using CS?

Yeah I was disappointed also. People can dress it up however they like but it's misleading. I do love the product in the end but yeah...dude...not cool.

Mod Drew-

Everyone can go take a bong hit.

I’m passionate about gear the same as many here but let’s dial it back a bit, we’re not discussing defibrillators for infants. Doesn’t really matter to me who started it, you’re all above the bickering.

Back