A mild grumble+warning about IK Multimedia & Amplitube 5 Max

I know so many people who bought Amplitube Max or Total Studio Max and immediately had a “HUH?!” moment when installing that what they thought they bought is going to cost extra.

I understand IK’s position and equally find it hilarious that they don’t mind customers first reaction when they buy a flagship “all in” bundle that it doesn’t include what they expected. It’s just the way they chose to do business and they don’t really care how a customer feels once they have the money.

See also: the amount of IK software that’s buggy or crashes and hasn’t been fixed.

Last edited:
FWIW, I do to. I’ve worked some form of customer service for my entire working life and I’m very much not a fan of the “I bought your product so you have to kiss my ass now”
I’m only giving constructive criticism to an unfinished product that I didn’t even hesitate when pulling my credit card out to purchase.

I mean, having to import impulse responses one at a time, while having to navigate to that particular folder, every time is either a ridiculous oversight, ineptitude, or just straight laziness IMO.

If IK Multimedia had a suggestion email address or form, I’d be more than happy to send them my criticism or suggestions (a.k.a. Beta test).

Perhaps a TONEX Wish List thread should be in order? 🧐

In Britain, "taking a slash" means having a piss.

Shooting Star GIF

Right, but the post I replied to implied "hey, we could've done a sh*tty subscription service like Slate, which you guys all hate, and that is the only other possibility". His posts show either ineptitude, or a willful ignorance of the market in which his products operate. I'm ABSOLUTELY willing to recognize these folks are human, just trying to do a job, and that different companies will have different approaches. But I don't have a lot of patience for incompetence and/or failure to honestly address a situation. I accept Cliff's snark because (1) it is ALWAYS A-game and (2) he is pretty much always competent (and then some) and, for the most part, as honest as one can expect.
I'm also fully competent and aware of (and a good part of) how & why our marketing and sales work. I could provide the numbers but, well, I probably shouldn't post that jobs link again!

Not agreeing with you != incompetent. Thanks for the insults though, I was just thinking it wasn't quite like the other place around here but inevitably seems to be heading that way.
I’m only giving constructive criticism to an unfinished product that I didn’t even hesitate when pulling my credit card out to purchase.

I mean, having to import impulse responses one at a time, while having to navigate to that particular folder, every time is either a ridiculous oversight, ineptitude, or just straight laziness IMO.

If IK Multimedia had a suggestion email address or form, I’d be more than happy to send them my criticism or suggestions (a.k.a. Beta test).

Perhaps a TONEX Wish List thread should be in order? 🧐
We have multiple contact methods listed on our site. And sorry if I missed any other question you asked, if you made a suggestion I'll pass it on to the team.
@IK Multimedia

ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/index.php?p=versions

This page should have a "does not include" section. That's all I'm saying.
I appreciate the suggestion but have to be honest that isn't likely to be implemented as most sales/marketing materials will shy away from the "doesn't" "don't" "won't" etc type of vibe.

I will say you’re efficient. Why insult just one person when you can insult everyone here at one once. Great outreach.
I wasn't insulting everybody here. Only the ones doing the exact same things as over there. Sorry if it hit home for anybody outside of the person insulting me to whom I was replying.

I wasn't insulting everybody here. Only the ones doing the exact same things as over there. Sorry if it hit home for anybody outside of the person insulting me to whom I was replying.
You just framed up your apology in the form of another insult. I’m going to remind you of something. I’m not the one here representing my company publicly. You would do better to mind your manners.

Back