3.6 When ?

I actually bought some phantom blockers because of the warnings. I gotta say, that that one is beyond ridiculous and can add a hundred or more to the cost of the unit. Not cool at all for what the device's intended function is

I ordered two phantom power blockers the day I got the Helix. Unfortunately, the more affordable ones only seem to work as soon as phantom power is running - so, once it's off, there's no signal coming through (has been the same thing with 3 models I was checking). So, in case you were checking the situation, you had to plug and unplug things, quite annoying. In the end, I went back to using a DI box fed from the 1/4 out and used the XLR out to feed my monitoring devices.
Whatever, it should not be required to bring and cable up either devices. This is supposed to be a flagship modeler, not some cheap piece of "let's start with a workaround" kit. Same goes for the visibility aspect. I shouldn't have to buy/construct whatever fancy sun shield just because the lights are getting bright.

How does it behave on the Stomp? In Helix when you turn it off, it's off.

No, it's not. Just select-by-touch is off. You can, for example, still assign things, exchange switches and what not. Just try for yourself. And I think I was running into the "accidentally changes on/off LED status" issue as well on the Floor. It really just seems to be the "select" part that is deactivated.

About poly synths, ok it is different but I'd prefer a built in midi function like Jam Origin guitar and bass...

I'm using

TRITON AUDIO Phantom Power Blocker Connector​

Oh, those look excellent. So do they as well work with phantom power switched off?

Anyhow, they weren't available when I bought the Helix and I still think I shouldn't have to deal with that in the very first place.

Yeah they don;t need phantom to work, but yes its stupid we need them in the first place.Absolutely ridiculous....Worse,when I ask, it seems very fuzzy if we even really need them, different parts of the manuals and faqs seem to say different things

Thing is, as there's absolutely zero situations when having phantom power on the XLR outputs would be benficial, I absolutely fail to understand why they did not block it completely in the first place. After all, these are nothing but plain DI box circuits and none of the (dozens of) DI boxes I ever owned had ever shown issues when there was phantom power switched on, not even the cheapest ones.
It's completely beyond me why they would use any different circuits here, especially given that we're talking about pennies regarding costs. The most expensive parts on DI boxes are the cases and the actual 1/4" and XLR sockets.

Whatever, even Line 6 can't do anything about this anymore, but I wish they would learn from these examples of bad hardware QA in the future. I'd rather happily pay 100-200 additional bucks in case the main issues were no issues from the start. But quite unfortunately, those are issues for live players pretty much exclusively and as the majority of users most likely aren't mainly playing live, I could imagine that the business folks at L6/YGG simply don't care much.

I really wouldn't mind polyphonic synth-stuff along the lines of the SY-300, but it's gotta be as good - and I think that'd be a tough call.
I also wouldn't mind polyponic guitar-to-MIDI for standard pickups, Jam Origin style, but I defenitely doubt it's gonna happen, too.
I mean, they have their hex-pickup system already, yet there's nothing synth-ish or MIDI-converter-ish in sight.
Hence, I pretty much completely rule that out (let alone that IMO Line 6's current polyphonic processing isn't anything to write home about to start with, any synth-ish stuff would really require that to be upped by at least 2 levels).

So, personally I keep hoping for some utilitarian, ergonmics related stuff.

I really wouldn't mind polyphonic synth-stuff along the lines of the SY-300, but it's gotta be as good - and I think that'd be a tough call.
I also wouldn't mind polyponic guitar-to-MIDI for standard pickups, Jam Origin style, but I defenitely doubt it's gonna happen, too.
I mean, they have their hex-pickup system already, yet there's nothing synth-ish or MIDI-converter-ish in sight.
Hence, I pretty much completely rule that out (let alone that IMO Line 6's current polyphonic processing isn't anything to write home about to start with, any synth-ish stuff would really require that to be upped by at least 2 levels).

So, personally I keep hoping for some utilitarian, ergonmics related stuff.
Baked in Synth sounds combined with HX Effects are great. But monophonic is a bummer.

Baked in Synth sounds combined with HX Effects are great. But monophonic is a bummer.

Absolutely. And as a longtime Boss user, you will be aware of how much of a difference in dedicated development and what not efforts the difference between mono and poly will account for. There's a few development teams that seem to be doing great at polyphonic processing - but the Line 6 team isn't among them (and no, nobody will be able to convince me of the "quality" of their polyphonic pitching options - once you play anything else but 2-3 voices through them it's "welcome, warbly mess!" time).

Back