2024 Do Something Challenge - Season One - Week Two

Way to come in swinging @joezlo!

My entry from yesterday bugged me all day - finally figured out what I did wrong in the recording part, so had to make it right... or lose my mind... or both...
EDIT: tweaked a few things after listening to it on different sound sources...

Killer Iron! :headbang
Whatever you did, I like it.
Happy Jim Carrey GIF

:cool: BANDMATE CHALLENGE ENTRY :cool:

@aldunk - Guitars, Bass, Drums
@PLX - Guitars

Great work guys!
@aldunk

The submissions are coming thick and fast this season guys! It's given me a kick up the arse to actually start recording some stuff again even if it's just short crappy demos 💩
Can I ask, what you're using for drums ?

Can I ask, what you're using for drums ?
It's Steven Slate Drums 5. I just pick a preset then run it through an extra parallel compressor for a bit more punch. I'm too lazy/crap to mix my own drums and I just use midi grooves from the program as well. Again, too lazy/crap to program my own beats 😂

Really cool tune fellas….
Keep em coming…

My pc is fucked up and I cant record… sound keeps glitching out and I cant fix it as i dont know whats the problem.

Anyway…

Keep em tunes coming

Finally got the vox done and mixed it best of my ability.
Vocals: Sapient (forum mate from another forum)
Lyrics: Liveevil2000 / Sapient
Guitars / Bass: Liveevil2000
Drums: EZ Drummer3

LYRICS
(Verse 1)

In the silence of the night, I ponder on our plight,
A world where strength and wisdom fade from sight,
Generations lost, wandering astray,
Lack of guidance leads them further every day.

(Pre-Chorus)
Once we stood tall, like mighty ancient trees,
but now we stumble, brought to our knees,
weight of uncertainty, heavy on our souls,
We need a guiding light to make us whole.

(Chorus)
generations grow weaker,
Lost without a compass, getting bleaker,
Yearning for the wisdom that once was shared,
Longing for the guidance that showed we cared

(Verse 2)
In the digital age, where screens hypnotize,
Connections lost, hearts filled with compromise,
We've forgotten the power of a guiding hand,
Lessons from the past, they help us understand.

(Pre-Chorus)
Our elders once carried the flame of insight,
Passed down their knowledge to set things right,
But now the flame flickers, its glow grows dim,
We must rekindle it and let it shine within.

(Chorus)

(Solo)

(Chorus repeat)

I was diggin' on this tune, and Audius stopped playing it. I started it over, and I swear some of the parts were different. Did you just upload a new version? If not, I don't know WTF happened! Good stuff, I dig it!!!
Weird, same thing happened to me (except for the parts being different.) Preceded by my mouse getting a little wonky. It's like the Audius player was hogging CPU/ Windows refresh cycles and then a process crashed.

Maybe all those changes were more than my old i5 could handle. :D

Well, this is just absolute shit. It sounds like the shitty soundtrack for a particularly shitty TV show from the 80's, about some cop who's a week away from retiring and doesn't have time for this shit. Neither did I, apparently, and neither should you.

But time's up. And this is, in fact, "something". If nothing else I got a few more tools lined up for next time. Hopefully I won't take another big cheesy dump next time.

:bag

Well, this is just absolute shit. It sounds like the shitty soundtrack for a particularly shitty TV show from the 80's, about some cop who's a week away from retiring and doesn't have time for this shit. Neither did I, apparently, and neither should you.

But time's up. And this is, in fact, "something". If nothing else I got a few more tools lined up for next time. Hopefully I won't take another big cheesy dump next time.

:bag

I dig it! No cheese at all \m/

Back