2024 Do Something Challenge - Season One - Week Two

A little different entry this time. First and only take, swamp blues vamp. Warts and all.
I cheated with the bass -- just duplicated the guitar and tuned down an octave and tweaked the tone. SD3 drums were better arranged post guitar take.

Felt like I was listening to the opening act for SRV. Well done my good man. Now. top that next week. And pay your credit card bill already, I need a donor bass and more golf clubs!

The submissions are coming thick and fast this season guys! It's given me a kick up the arse to actually start recording some stuff again even if it's just short crappy demos 💩

Apparently it was a well aimed kick, cause that rips!

2 crappy demos at once, you lucky fellas...

When are you going to post the crappy ones?

A little different entry this time. First and only take, swamp blues vamp. Warts and all.
I cheated with the bass -- just duplicated the guitar and tuned down an octave and tweaked the tone. SD3 drums were better arranged post guitar take.

I find myself tapping my toe before I even know it's happening.

:chef

The submissions are coming thick and fast this season guys! It's given me a kick up the arse to actually start recording some stuff again even if it's just short crappy demos 💩

2 crappy demos at once, you lucky fellas...

Well done AD. Keep 'em coming!

Felt like I was listening to the opening act for SRV. Well done my good man. Now. top that next week. And pay your credit card bill already, I need a donor bass and more golf clubs!
Thank you amigo... but this week isn't over yet.
:rubshands
I can get you the golf clubs, mine have been collecting dust these last few years. :grin

Feelings Im Gonna Cry GIF by The Roku Channel

Maybe copy/paste the link? Audius can be flaky sometimes.
Getting told by people in Australia and Mexico that my Audius links do not even show up when embedded.. they are just seeing a blank space.

Getting told by people in Australia and Mexico that my Audius links do not even show up when embedded.. they are just seeing a blank space.
hmmm. On my mobile phone now, and i see my post automatically embedded th website. I just typed it manually.

So here's my post for the challenge. Just posted on my page:

It's a cover of AC/DC's Shot Down In Flames (with stop animation guitars)

My Wolfies are all over the place in this video:

Wolfie : Tobacco Burst Stock Peavey Special
Maroon : EXP Peavey Body, American Neck, Switchcraft 3 way toggle, EVH Seymour Duncan Bridge, & Ping Floyd Rose
Smoke : EVH Standard, 42mm brass block, titanium saddle inserts, double 500k volume, & switchcraft 3 way toggle.

Recording:
Recorded on a Korg D1600 Hard disc recorder

Guitar - Wolife
Amps - Peavey 5150 ii & Vox Valvetronix 10watt : line out from both
Pedals - EVH Phase 90 & EHX Micro POG

Bass - Fender Mexi Jazz direct

Drums - Alesis Sr-16

Vox - MXL 990

So here's my post for the challenge. Just posted on my page:

It's a cover of AC/DC's Shot Down In Flames (with stop animation guitars)

My Wolfies are all over the place in this video:

Wolfie : Tobacco Burst Stock Peavey Special
Maroon : EXP Peavey Body, American Neck, Switchcraft 3 way toggle, EVH Seymour Duncan Bridge, & Ping Floyd Rose
Smoke : EVH Standard, 42mm brass block, titanium saddle inserts, double 500k volume, & switchcraft 3 way toggle.

Recording:
Recorded on a Korg D1600 Hard disc recorder

Guitar - Wolife
Amps - Peavey 5150 ii & Vox Valvetronix 10watt : line out from both
Pedals - EVH Phase 90 & EHX Micro POG

Bass - Fender Mexi Jazz direct

Drums - Alesis Sr-16

Vox - MXL 990

Man, that was a fun watch !

Way to come in swinging @joezlo!

My entry from yesterday bugged me all day - finally figured out what I did wrong in the recording part, so had to make it right... or lose my mind... or both...
EDIT: tweaked a few things after listening to it on different sound sources...

Last edited:
Back