💩Have a baby, they said. It'll be great, they said.💩

i miss those ages.

its not really a competition but i dont think anyone had it more crazy than we did. our 2nd was like 13 months old when the twins were born, so 3 in diapers for a while.

goes by fast. now they help out around the house and keep each other company, they are really close which is cool.
Oh god. My cousins kids have exactly the same ages.

They are all still in diaper-age. The oldest one used the potty until she saw the lil twins get diapers. Then she refused the potty bc she wanted diapers, again, too.

Needless to say: My cousin is sleepy and done basically 24/7.

So the last thing I'd want is another one before our baby is solid as a rock in potty training and everything.

Besides that... our 2 month old HATES bathtime (once a week). Did anyone of you have that? Did it get better?

Oh god. My cousins kids have exactly the same ages.

They are all still in diaper-age. The oldest one used the potty until she saw the lil twins get diapers. Then she refused the potty bc she wanted diapers, again, too.

Needless to say: My cousin is sleepy and done basically 24/7.

So the last thing I'd want is another one before our baby is solid as a rock in potty training and everything.

Besides that... our 2 month old HATES bathtime (once a week). Did anyone of you have that? Did it get better?

i do showers for all of them. 2 at a time. goes pretty fast. its kinda sad when the youngest are saying they dont need help anymore but i guess you want to raise them to do stuff on their own.

Yes, Mine hated it to begin with, though I convinced wife to put off the first bath for a few more weeks because being a c-section kid, I wanted her skin to be nice and microbe-ey since she didn't get the benefit of being pooed on by my wife as she came out like a natural birth baby would.

There's a sentence I didn't think I'd ever type.

Basically daughter eventually stopped screaming and accepted it was happening, and then one day something just clicked in her head and she realised there was the potential for it to be fun.

When she went in the bath on Saturday following the horrors of my first post, she was literally shouting with delight, splashing her feet, trying to splash me and playing with her many multi-coloured floating, singing dolphins. Afterward it was all good, I'm a massive sissy so my favourite bit is the towel wrapped hug afterwards.

I think it was something we ate to be honest - I woke up that night at 4am feeling 95% of the way towards throwing up, instead it all fought its way down through my innards and out for an hour, and we've both been fine since.

If we're being honest, having an infant/ toddler around is the easy part - the part everyone thinks they're signing up for when they say, "Let's have kids!" So cute. What's a little poo now and again?

Just wait until you have a tween/ teenager in the house. You'll be begging for something so simple as poop to clean up. ;)

If we're being honest, having an infant/ toddler around is the easy part - the part everyone thinks they're signing up for when they say, "Let's have kids!" So cute. What's a little poo now and again?

Just wait until you have a tween/ teenager in the house. You'll be begging for something so simple as poop to clean up. ;)
Heh. Yeah. Rather than bathroom afterbirth. Ick.

i do showers for all of them. 2 at a time. goes pretty fast. its kinda sad when the youngest are saying they dont need help anymore but i guess you want to raise them to do stuff on their own.
Wait until they approach 30, and realize their father is only a stupid, flawed old man lol 😝

Yeah, it's a thing. To be honest I think she'll realise I'm actually a moron way sooner than I thought - she's so much more advanced than I ever imagined a 20 month old would be. We chat in the car, her comprehension is really good and I love the lightbulb moments where she sticks concepts together. She comes up with games and she always wants to help other people. She rarely has tantrums, though I know the worst is yet to come - quite often if she's upset or frustrated, she'll walk to the corner of a room, facing away from you, and just stand there for 30 seconds before turning round and just manning up.

She's also got a wicked sense of humour. When she was 3 weeks old, she chuckled in her sleep and I was like... where the fuck did that come from? What does a 3 week old find funny? Absolutely baffled me. Anyway, yesterday she asked me to push her from the front in her swing, and then suddenly swung her legs forward shouting "KICK!" to deliver a square shoe in the chest with absolute glee.

I'm fucked. :LOL:

Two weeks until the next daddy daughter weekend, I'm contemplating doing something more adventurous like a night away somewhere.

Yeah, actually. I was saying that to friends before she was born - the lack of sleep, endless cycle of feeding, eating, nappy changes, wind etc is knackering but it's not complicated. I've always been well aware that down the road there are problems that I won't have easy answers for.

Truth has been spoken! :beer

Diapers are way less expensive than automobiles, trips with school and friends, and higher education. By a
large margin.

Guitarist friend of mine had a child at 50 and she is an adorable little thing who is 5 now and he complains
about her, so I literally slap him out of that nonsense. He doesn't know what he doesn't know yet. Or one
day will. :LOL:

We chat in the car, her comprehension is really good and I love the lightbulb moments where she sticks concepts together.
Watching a baby learn their first language absolutely fascinates me. From a point of zero content they manage to put together a vocabulary based on nothing but contextual cues, and before you know it they have command of the most abstract words and concepts - to make no mention of all the complexities of grammar, etc. It's just mind-blowing.

Watching a baby learn their first language absolutely fascinates me. From a point of zero content they manage to put together a vocabulary based on nothing but contextual cues, and before you know it they have command of the most abstract words and concepts - to make no mention of all the complexities of grammar, etc. It's just mind-blowing.
Absolutely this. We're bilingual in our house because I'm a race traitor, and watching my daughter slam through Japanese and English and me still fumbling like an idiot over both.... kerrriiissssstt!

My Nephew has Spanish, Catalan, English, and Japanese! He's gonna be a demon!

Last edited:
Almost always. It's actually an important start for your skin and gut microbiome, because while you're in the womb it's a sterile environment.

Back