Have The Women/Men In Your Life Been Aligned With Your Musical Interests?

My wife likes a few bands that I don’t allow in the house. Bon Jovi, Scorpions, Journey, gun n roses. She doesn’t like Skinny Puppy or Slayer and a few others. Otherwise we’re good about listening to each other’s stuff.
Klaus and the Scorps shoud be in every house! At least up until they started whistling.
Forgot to mention, my ex-wife walked down the aisle to the intro of A Change Of Seasons on a loop. She wouldn’t tell me what she was doing and since we already had Lamb Of God’s “Walk With Me In Hell” as our Mr. And Mrs. introduction song, I couldn’t fathom what she was going to do.

Fortunately, I can listen to those songs again without throwing up. :rofl
Why couldn't she have ruined songs you already hated :mad::ROFLMAO:

I’m AB negative when it comes to this. There is very little I can’t enjoy. At any given time in our home you may hear:
Disco
Soul
Fusion
Big band
Musical theater
80s rock
70s pop
Classical (nearly every period of)
Country. Outlaw and modern.

Most of this variety is me, not her.

My wife is great. Our playlist in the car is 75% pop and 25% metal (Pantera to Whitechapel) set to random.

The ratio is simply due to how many CDs she has.

Might be somewhat traumatizing to the kids haha

My wife and I have different tastes, she likes more pop and country. I'm 80's-90's gunge/alternative plus hard rock from 60's, 70's, 80's, & 90's.

The only other women in the past that liked my music were Fucking Lunatics and it didn't work out thank god!

When I met my wife she owned one cd. One. I was like yes blank slate.
516.jpg

jaxadam: You like Huey Lewis and the News?

Mrs jaxadam: Never heard of them!

jaxadam: Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

516.jpg

jaxadam: Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

That last line sold me on that entire movie the first time I watched it.

516.jpg

Close. I was like “Have you ever heard of Shadows Fall? No? Well, you’re going to see them tonight”.

I find trying to get your wife/gf to get into your techy/musical/private stuff is cringy. Maybe it's also cope on my part hahah
But really ... dragging your gf to your favorite metal band show is kinda beta ..

Oh the quote. I thought youse were talking about the picture.
Ahhh I am not sure where the meme originated from. I always thought it was something snagged from a rando jumbotron somewhere :unsure:

Back