You can only choose one. Help me choose

Binding may yellow over time, but it doesn't end up as highlighter yellow.
Having only played an ES style guitar once, and never a Telecaster, I wouldn't be averse to either. But I'm not you.

That said, I think that fake yellowing on the Edwards looks ridiculous, especially juxtaposed against the white binding along the fretboard. I'm assuming it's a "faded" look they're going for, but no guitar that started out with white binding would ever look like that, so it seems pointless to me. I think that guitar would look 1000% better if the binding was simply all white.

So I vote Tele.
I think you all have ruined the edwards for me. Thank you
730EF0ED-843D-4018-82E0-80962B920648.jpeg

1D8150B3-7584-4499-826B-74E5F80A3432.jpeg

EE423436-A54A-487D-A93A-21605D2C80F8.jpeg

My favorite non-Gibson 335 style guitar is the Rivolta Regata. Amazing build for the money.

Attachments

• 20220312_115703.jpg
    20220312_115703.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 20
Tele but check out the intonation. It will be miles out. The strings come up vertically and then bend at 90 degrees over the saddles. Thick strings need help or they intonate in front of the contact point. They are cranked back on that .

Tele but check out the intonation. It will be miles out. The strings come up vertically and then bend at 90 degrees over the saddles. Thick strings need help or they intonate in front of the contact point. They are cranked back on that .
Tell me more. What’s one to do? They are as far back because intonation was worse before. They are maxed back so what’s the solution?

Tell me more. What’s one to do? They are as far back because intonation was worse before. They are maxed back so what’s the solution?
They are that far back because the string was giving a false reading. The string needs to have proper contact on the leading edge of the saddles when you set the intonation. Fender will not have got the position wrong. It is not really possible with cnc. The strings need to bed down fully before you start. This can be done by pressing the string down firmly with your thumb at pitch. Just in front of each saddle.

Back