World Cup Thread

Not sure what we learned about England, playing Iran and all, but they did their job.

a8e0142100fce01aafaf3ed39207d19a.gif

I am a longtime Gareth Bale fan in the U.S., so I want US to win today, obviously. Will be happy if Wales loses this match but go deep into the tournament. Will see if Bale can stay fit for a last hurrah.

England is going to roll. Too much talent with Kane, Grealish & crew.

Benzema out for France is a big hit, but they still have Mbappe. He’s a choker in big International matches, so we shall see…

Should be a good France v Denmark game.

I am a longtime Gareth Bale fan in the U.S., so I want US to win today, obviously. Will be happy if Wales loses this match but go deep into the tournament. Will see if Bale can stay fit for a last hurrah.

England is going to roll. Too much talent with Kane, Grealish & crew.

Benzema out for France is a big hit, but they still have Mbappe. He’s a choker in big International matches, so we shall see…

Should be a good France v Denmark game.

Yeah I could be down with Bale scoring a hat trick and losing 8-3 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: mk5
Ref determined to have someone sent off. Soft yellow cards. Swallow the whistle dude.

Yeah, bad penalty to give up.

Ultimately should have got more from the first half. Wales we’re BAD early.

This sets up all sorta of sh*tty scenarios where advancing will come down to who loses to England less and who beats Iran by more. Yuck.

Oh well. Back in the World Cup. Got a point. Could be worse.

Argentina wtf. Shocking.

How about let’s not have the early game at 4am in the states. :unsure:

I watched highlights of the England v Iran and US v Wales matches last night and neither looked great? Not always easy to tell from highlights, but both looked more like pick-up games than teams playing one another. England looked great because talent, but not exactly like a team working well.

Maybe it was placebo (already pretty annoyed about the whole 'we'll just drop the World Cup right smack in the middle of the season. It'll be fine!' and the whole 'i know we organize both men's and women's soccer and thus have a large number of our and proud g*y players that we owe a lot to for continuing to grow football/soccer and making it as relevant and exciting today as it ever has been. So let's pick a place where it's illegal to be g*y.'). But there definitely wasn't much in those highlight reels to prove the placebo wrong, either.

I watched highlights of the England v Iran and US v Wales matches last night and neither looked great? Not always easy to tell from highlights, but both looked more like pick-up games than teams playing one another. England looked great because talent, but not exactly like a team working well.

Maybe it was placebo (already pretty annoyed about the whole 'we'll just drop the World Cup right smack in the middle of the season. It'll be fine!' and the whole 'i know we organize both men's and women's soccer and thus have a large number of our and proud g*y players that we owe a lot to for continuing to grow football/soccer and making it as relevant and exciting today as it ever has been. So let's pick a place where it's illegal to be g*y.'). But there definitely wasn't much in those highlight reels to prove the placebo wrong, either.

England never had to get out of first gear.

USA played very well the first half but wasn’t able to create enough chances with their possession to put Wales out of their misery early. They ran out of legs in the second half as Wales turned up the pressure.

As for Qatar…. that goes without saying. I will enjoy the football despite the political undertones.

Back