World Cup Thread

morocco-mole-gif.gif

Missed the mornings match. Morocco!

England v France gonna be tasty. Dream semi awaits either, though Morocco has proven a tough nut to crack.

I thought the ref was shockingly bad. The first France goal came on a counter from what appeared to be a foul, and then the first half non-call on what was clearly a foul at the edge of the box which should have resulted in another penalty or free kick. Griezman and Rabiot were basically mugging dudes the first 60 minutes until Griez finally got a card.

That said, I think when one team scores multiple goals in the run of play and another does not, it’s hard to feel entirely hard done. England pretty much controlled the game but didn’t create enough clear cut chances. The game was begging for them to put one away in the run of play. Hard to win via drawing penalties.

France v Morocco
Argentina v Croatia

Messi has it all in front of him to become the undisputed GOAT. I’m rooting for Modric lol

I thought the ref was shockingly bad. The first France goal came on a counter from what appeared to be a foul, and then the first half non-call on what was clearly a foul at the edge of the box which should have resulted in another penalty or free kick. Griezman and Rabiot were basically mugging dudes the first 60 minutes until Griez finally got a card.

That said, I think when one team scores multiple goals in the run of play and another does not, it’s hard to feel entirely hard done. England pretty much controlled the game but didn’t create enough clear cut chances. The game was begging for them to put one away in the run of play. Hard to win via drawing penalties.

France v Morocco
Argentina v Croatia

Messi has it all in front of him to become the undisputed GOAT. I’m rooting for Modric lol
I was pullling for England.

France v Morocco
Argentina v Croatia

Man, it feels like the year of the Underdog to me. Morroco vs Croatia final and the world
might lose whatever is left of the mind it has. :LOL:

They tanked immediately after that bogus penalty.

Keeper missed the ball and made contact, which sorta set himself up for that even though it’s doubtful he could have gotten to the ball from that point of contact.

Keeper got out to tighten the space, he didn't go into the player, took a stance, booth his feet on the ground. Alvarez kicked the ball and just kept going strait into keepers leg.

No way man. The keeper moved out to get the ball, Alvarez beat him to the ball, and the keeper, (beaten at this point) kicked out with his right left and swatted with both hands above his head trying to get the ball but Alvarez tapped it left. That’s going to be called a penalty 9 times out of 10. If a keeper goes out he has to win the ball, and if he doesn’t he can’t make contact. The player isn’t obligated to front flip over a reckless leg stab for the ball.

Back