World Cup Thread

ric-flair.gif

Yup. The 2nd half passes and possession was slop. Need to clean that up before next match, but a win is a win.

What are the odds on the Saturday morning game with Nederlanders?

Rumor is Pulisic will be good to go

oh boy GIF

FIFA is a union of corrupt C*nts. I'm glad that the German team has already been eliminated. So I no longer have to endure the constant coverage of the World Cup on TV.

:barf

Props to Holland. That was a very calm and composed performance by them. Van Gaal had them well prepared to deal with our Air Raid midfield pressure. Don’t really agree with some of the US postgame commentators, Holland was definitively the better team at every point of that match.

I was hopeful the game would turn to chaos after pulling it back to 2-1, but Holland didn’t flinch and did what good teams do immediately countering.

Overall, good cup for the boys. As young as they are there is cause for optimism. They played a good brand of aggressive football, and honestly got everything they could out of their squad.

That said, we have to find a striker before 2026. That’s what this team missed the entire tournament. You can’t be a threat without a #9 that can bury their chances, and have the midfield play the ball through. If we can find a legit striker over the next cycle we could be in business.

Penalty advice: If you’re nervous or unsure, blast it straight down the middle about 4 feet off the ground.

Back