Wishlist Modeling Amp: Catalyst Pro

I don’t think L6 would sell zero, but all four of the sales aren’t going to cover R&D.
But I also don’t think anyone would buy the TM at its price of it didn’t say Fender on it, even with upgraded components.

Yeah I was just thinking about the TM price.

I do think though if Marshall sold their version of a 1959 Super Lead TM for $1500 (new tube version runs $2500) that could definitely move some units.

Looking now, doesn't seem like Marshall even makes a solid state head anymore. I had a Valvestate 100 watt half stack back in the day that was...not bad...but definitely not a tube amp!

You guys are right about the “amp brand” problem. I guess Mesa would be in the best position to pull this off for a high gainer solid state combo. The Mark series already essentially does this with three channels and each channel having three voices to choose from.

I’ll go back to dreaming :ROFLMAO:

I think it’s important to distinguish analog solid state amps like the Blug Amp1 and Orange Super Crush, and digital modeling amps like the Tone Master, then more complex ones like Catalyst and Katana.

And please, no one be a fucking bellend and say a digital modeling amp is solid state because it’s running on solid state chips. Yes, we know it’s not a vacuum tube computer. The tone is not coming from the solid state chips, it’s coming from the firmware running on the DSP.

Back