Why can’t Mesa…

Still not something I care about.

How can a load be not good? Genuine question, I'm a simpleton in these areas.

I'd much rather have it in the amp. :idk
And nothing personal, I enjoy our back-and-forths. :beer

du7nrg5e8ym01.jpg
I care about USB type, because I’d prefer not to have to have adapters for shit. USB-C has been out for ten years already.

Loads aren’t created equally. The closer to mirroring an actual speaker load, like the Suhr, the better. The Two Notes stuff isn’t anything like a real speaker cab.

This technology moves too quickly to have it stuck in an amp that you plan keeping awhile.

Curious about the Suhr, but two notes is fine imo

Wish I could try before buying. The more expensive get into using fake/sim stuff the more I find myself wondering why I’m bothering. Money pit, doesn’t sound better or even as good, and it sure as fuck isn’t any easier

I actually use the -20b attenuator function more than the load itself these days though. No attenuation on the Suhr

And look, I know it’s just my opinion, but having owned the original Cabclone (resistive), the CabClone IR, the Rock Crusher, the Suhr RL, and the Captor X (twice), I just do not like anything but the Suhr. The rest of it’s “why bother, it doesn’t sound or feel better than a modeler”.

The Fractal literally sounds and feels better than a tube amp into a Captor or Cabclone IR, IMO.

And look, I know it’s just my opinion, but having owned the original Cabclone (resistive), the CabClone IR, the Rock Crusher, the Suhr RL, and the Captor X (twice), I just do not like anything but the Suhr. The rest of it’s “why bother, it doesn’t sound or feel better than a modeler”.

The Fractal literally sounds and feels better than a tube amp into a Captor or Cabclone IR, IMO.
I wouldn't mind trying the Fractal X-Load at some point. If they ever make one with DynaCabs built in, it's a day 1 purchase for me.

Back