Who's using FracPad? Is it the s*#t? Or is it just........S*#t?

I have it installed on a Microsoft surface I no longer use… It has its hiccups, but iirc it can do a few things that AxeEdit doesn’t.

Not that I used it very often, but I appreciate that it was free to download and try.

Eh. I'm ordering a MacBook Air M2. Fuck it. :rofl

Not an air - but did likewise in Feb 👍

IMG_0645.jpeg

The only good experience I've had using an iPad to edit things honestly is Kemper. It's wi-fi only but I got a $20 adapter off Amazon for my toaster, and it's been really reliable (more than a USB cable honestly). Works great.

I wouldn't want to rely on a third party for these kinds of things. Luckily I don't move my Axe FX around enough to warrant it.

Meh. I’d rather have the Air. I’ve got the Mini at home.
I recently bought my GF a 14" MBP M1 on sale and for the money, it was a massively better deal than an upgraded M2 Air.

The base specs for the Air are frankly shit, but I suppose it will work if it's going to be a secondary machine.

I recently bought my GF a 14" MBP M1 on sale and for the money, it was a massively better deal than an upgraded M2 Air.

The base specs for the Air are frankly shit, but I suppose it will work if it's going to be a secondary machine.
16GB/512GB is what I’m doing, which is also in my Mini M1, which isn’t shit.

16GB/512GB is what I’m doing, which is also in my Mini M1, which isn’t shit.
The issue is what Apple charges for those upgrades. With the sales + student discount, here in Finland the price for a 16GB/1TB 14" M1 MBP was actually less than Air M2 16 GB/512 GB. More disk space, more performance, far superior display.

Might be different in the US.

The only good experience I've had using an iPad to edit things honestly is Kemper. It's wi-fi only but I got a $20 adapter off Amazon for my toaster, and it's been really reliable (more than a USB cable honestly). Works great.

I wouldn't want to rely on a third party for these kinds of things. Luckily I don't move my Axe FX around enough to warrant it.
Could you post what adaptor you purchased. I have a Toaster as well the i would love to move away from my PC.

The issue is what Apple charges for those upgrades. With the sales + student discount, here in Finland the price for a 16GB/1TB 14" M1 MBP was actually less than Air M2 16 GB/512 GB. More disk space, more performance, far superior display.

Might be different in the US.
I get the education discount because my wife is an educator, so I’m still ahead with that. I don’t disagree with you on what they charge being insane though. A. I miss the days of swapping in my own SSD and RAM into a MBP, and B. There’s no way going from 8GB to 16GB should cost $180, and the same for 256GB SSD to 512GB. It’s insane.

That being said, having looked at Lenovo Thinkpads, they’re going the same route with soldered in shit. It sucks for sure.

Here's the adapter on Amazon

Here's the instruction video for installation:

I haven't tried to use the wi-fi along with the remote which would be a pain.

I needed an extra step to setup the adapter though, I had to bumble my way through the Chinese instructions to change it to an access point or something. But the whole setup took like 15 minutes and the adapter is only $25.

Back