Which amp? Asking for a... friend.

Which one?

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • JEL-20

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • other (under 1,700)

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
Ok....don't judge ..this amp kills...I've owned the 120 for over 12 years with no issues. I paid 800 new...but ...the cleans are amazing...this amp is very underrated and very versatile.
Here
Ok ok, cool. something different. Never played a Laney but I know they have a great rep. Thanks for input!

Ok ok, cool. something different. Never played a Laney but I know they have a great rep. Thanks for input!
No problem, they are amazing. Any full tube amp they make is worth a look, honestly.

Their rep hasn't always been the best in the US, but that had to do with distribution...not the company Because i had issues with the distributor, messaged company directly and received excellent service....from England....I will only buy Laney....but only because of my personal experience.

Seriously cannot speak highly enough of my experience with their amps....I've owned Laney for over 25 years, and never even had a tube go bad ....I used the same tubes in my last amp for 12 years...and they never went bad ....

Sorry, I love them.

sorry, no Mesas. Edited the OP to reflect.:grin

Suspicious Kimmy Schmidt GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

My friend is thinking of getting an amp because he's too lazy to build one (bastard).
Which one do you think, why, and if neither - which other option under 1,700 usd.
I appreciate your thoughts, I mean, he appreciates your thoughts.

edit: no Mesas or combos.

View attachment 25482View attachment 25483
Tell this so called friend of YOU,
-hang onto the 17, go make that money
and send it to Eddy Lenz for something.
That’s my honest answer man😉
Git’ down on it..

Attachments

• IMG_4237.jpeg
    IMG_4237.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 7
Last edited: