What Guitar Are You Playing At This Very Moment...

Got reacquainted with an old friend. This guitar was my first of the ESP/LTD line. What a fantastic guitar. I could see it’s big brother here one day…
IMG_0389.jpeg

It’s playing like 90% perfectly right now….if I could adjust that damn truss rod a quarter turn this thing would be amazing again. Gonna make an attempt when I have a buddy over this weekend. Takes some brave souls to yank on the wood like we’ll have to!
Are you out of adjustment? Or is it just tight?

Are you out of adjustment? Or is it just tight?

Truss rod is sunk into the truss cavity due to an asshole tech who re-fretted it a while back. It‘s been about 5 years since it was touched last, I can use some clearance in the 1-7 fret area but not being able to touch the truss rod I’m getting it from the bridge and it’s not making for a comfy experience, not as comfy as it can be.

Do you have a pic? I’m not following you.

Hard to photograph as you can’t see the bottom of the nut, but it’s touching the bottom of the route, making it impossible to get the wrench over it unless someone holds the body/neck down while someone else pulls the headstock towards the floor and bangs the wrench over the nut with a hammer.

IMG_4960.jpeg

Despite the previous headstock break, I never had an issue getting the wrench over it. When I picked it up after the re-fret, I was so discouraged by the work the guy did I put it in the case and forgot about it until I found a tech I could trust to actually finish the fret job and by the time I did, the nut had sunk into the cavity/route. We’ve adjusted it twice since then, the last time was about 5 years ago and we cranked it up to work against some bow, but it needs some relief now.

(Note the filled holes in front of the string retainer bar, no clue why he did that, but that was another thing we noticed when I brought it to my current tech)

Hard to photograph as you can’t see the bottom of the nut, but it’s touching the bottom of the route, making it impossible to get the wrench over it unless someone holds the body/neck down while someone else pulls the headstock towards the floor and bangs the wrench over the nut with a hammer.

View attachment 12112

Despite the previous headstock break, I never had an issue getting the wrench over it. When I picked it up after the re-fret, I was so discouraged by the work the guy did I put it in the case and forgot about it until I found a tech I could trust to actually finish the fret job and by the time I did, the nut had sunk into the cavity/route. We’ve adjusted it twice since then, the last time was about 5 years ago and we cranked it up to work against some bow, but it needs some relief now.

(Note the filled holes in front of the string retainer bar, no clue why he did that, but that was another thing we noticed when I brought it to my current tech)
Damn dude. That truly makes me sad.

My EBMM StingRay has been sitting in the corner a bit too much lately. It's red, so naturally, I played it through the Helix Revv Red model. It all sounded great to me!

Take off the nut and put in a washer of a diameter that slightly lifts the bar enough to get the wrench on. I suspect it only goes too far down under tension.

Peavey Wolfgang Special. Gold. Heavy strings on this sucker.
Seen at the beginning of this cheezy vid:

Played this last night acoustically, by candelight, while waiting for the power to come back on. It looked so good I took a pic.

And it played so damn nice that I'm reaching for it right now!

Candlelight.jpg

PS- any of you guys on the east coast get that storm last night? Winds were sick in my area. Lost power twice!

Back