What Guitar Are You Playing At This Very Moment...

Played this last night acoustically, by candelight, while waiting for the power to come back on. It looked so good I took a pic.

And it played so damn nice that I'm reaching for it right now!

View attachment 17130

PS- any of you guys on the east coast get that storm last night? Winds were sick in my area. Lost power twice!
Great shot.

We had some pretty serious storm surge up here in New England:

1704937445540.png

View attachment 17287keeping my hands warm on this hottie while the outside world is shattering at -30F below zero 🤘
Nice!!! It's very rare that I dig the looks of heavy metal guitars, but that Ibanez is a real beauty, and a glimpse at the pic easily tells me it plays like butter. 😍👍

PS: Also, that DOD chorus makes me nostalgic, it was my first pedal, bought used it 1995 I believe, stupidly sold it on some years later (at least it was sold to fund a Poly Chorus).

IMG_5650.jpeg

I popped a Duncan Nazgûl in the bridge of this on Friday night after having a hunch it was going to scratch an itch and the itch has been scratched. This is tightest pickup I have ever played with, both the top and bottom end. Perfect mid-balance/focus.

Ya know, in the 80’s/90’s guys were going for that Marshall clang character, Chris DeGarmo called it ‘the aunch’ and there’s a certain tone within modern metal, particularly the djent/tech death stuff where there’s this same clang element that‘s being chased and I’m quite confident both eras/groups of people are completely unaware of the other existing. :rofl

Could you describe this 'clang' sir?
View attachment 17297

I’ll have to find some examples, it’s an accentuation in the upper mids using high gain amps. The Alluvial/Wes Hauch stuff gets into that territory a bit off the top of my head. I’m sure there’s a bunch of Periphery tones that are in the ballpark and Ola has gotten them on occasion.
PIckup name inspired by this character

Ra's al Ghul

View attachment 17298

:idk

Do you even LOTR, bro?!?!

main-qimg-081fb8753a1defa8fd1fefec89d923db

I’ll have to find some examples, it’s an accentuation in the upper mids using high gain amps. The Alluvial/Wes Hauch stuff gets into that territory a bit off the top of my head. I’m sure there’s a bunch of Periphery tones that are in the ballpark and Ola has gotten them on occasion.

Do you even LOTR, bro?!?!

main-qimg-081fb8753a1defa8fd1fefec89d923db
Ohhh i see my bad guess I don't LotR, Been a few decades lol 😆

Back