What Guitar Are You Playing At This Very Moment...

Last time my uncle was here he fell in love with some of the Lovepedals and he’s on the hunt for more pickups so I’m trying to push him over the edge because I know he’s sitting on Reverb right this second driving himself nuts. :rofl

This is straight, senseless noodling with plenty of bad notes. Bassman model in the Fractal, barely any dirt on it. The Tchula is on right away then at some point I switch the Dover, I think it’s kinda obvious when.

rectifier guy , nice job mate :beer

Been playing this guitar a lot lately….

IMG_4526.jpeg

Ah, I’m totally functional. I just forget trivial things often unless I really focus on them, almost like creating a backup or redundant copy. It’s weird because a side effect is that I get déjà vu all the time.
Dang, sorry to hear that but glad you've adjusted well. I can't imagine going through that.

For the last week I've been playing my Les Paul Junior Special Plus. Flat top like a Jr. but with a belly cut for comfort. It's lighter than my LP Classic Plus and more comfortable to play sitting or standing.

The neck pickup has a surprisingly good Jazz tone with the tone knob dialed back and overall its tone with the tone knob at 5 or above sounds like a cross between a Gibson and a Fender. Great lead tone from the bridge pickup. The 490R and 498T pickups don't sound that great in my son's LP Studio Plus but they sound wonderful in the Jr. Sp. Plus.

I'm not particularly fond of most LP clean tones due to what I perceive as a midrange emphasis. The Jr, Sp. + sound flatter in response.

Playing it through my FM9, the Jazz, Funk, and Metal tones all sound killer. I like it so much I bought this one as a backup and it's what I'm playing this week.

38545575522_3763f7cbf4_b.jpg

2015 Trans Black EVH Wolfgang Standard with a few mods.
Best bang for my buck in quite some time.

Mods -
double 500k volume pots
switchcraft 3 way toggle
42mm brass block
titanium string saddle inserts
Brass spring claw

A picture of Smoke from MK II inside the spring cavity.

Shows up in this goofy vid during the guitar solo

My trusty SG Classic Worn. Just strung up with some Willy G.’s (.008 - .040!) and WOW! Finish has darkened up well, not as neon as when I bought ‘er. These strings are light but sound great, changes your fretting hand attack but in a good way. Sounds awesome now! That ain’t working that’s the way you do it!! Raised the pickups, stock P90’s are lovely….

Attachments

• IMG_0282.jpeg
    IMG_0282.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
IMG_4869.jpeg

For shits and giggles I put this in AGCFAD last night because I was curious how the Evertune would act taking the string that far out of it‘s set zone to maintain a C note, it works fucking GREAT! You can see the low E saddle in a different position from the rest as the string isn’t putting enough tension on the spring for it to do the Evertune thing, but there’s just enough on it that I can whack that low A pretty damn hard and it holds pitch! A lot better than a stoptail!

Dicking around with some Mastodon, I gotta write something in this tuning,

I pulled this one out and gave it full set up. I’ve always loved Fender necks and this one’s no different👍🏻 Incredible bargain on sale, my only issue is that I’m not a single coil guy. These are perfectly acceptable as is but now I’m thinking which way to go with this one…
IMG_0388.jpeg

Back