What Guitar Are You Playing At This Very Moment...

Chris DeGarmo called it ‘the aunch’ and there’s a certain tone within modern metal, particularly the djent/tech death stuff where there’s this same clang element that‘s being chased
Are you sure it’s not a “glonk?”

IMG_2392.jpeg

View attachment 17296

I popped a Duncan Nazgûl in the bridge of this on Friday night after having a hunch it was going to scratch an itch and the itch has been scratched. This is tightest pickup I have ever played with, both the top and bottom end. Perfect mid-balance/focus.
Man, I thought I was the only MGer who loved the Nazgul. Reminds me I don’t currently have one. Great, GAS igniting in 3… 2…

Man, I thought I was the only MGer who loved the Nazgul. Reminds me I don’t currently have one. Great, GAS igniting in 3… 2…

I didn’t know I did until Friday night! That thing is stupid tight!

I played with it for about 5 minutes then turned and looked at my RG7 with the 707 in the bridge with a squinted eye and said “You’re next, bitch”
I had one in Franken7, but sold that to @LiveeviL2000. Now, I've been toying with the idea of dropping one in my A2.7C, but I kinda like the Duncan Solar + that's in it. Odds are, I won't like the DS+ more than a Nazgul, though.

cO5LFkm.jpg

I had one in Franken7, but sold that to @LiveeviL2000. Now, I've been toying with the idea of dropping one in my A2.7C, but I kinda like the Duncan Solar + that's in it. Odds are, I won't like the DS+ more than a Nazgul, though.

cO5LFkm.jpg

I definitely didn't have an issue with the Duncan Solar and was surprised they worked as well when I got it, just looking for something a little more specific. I haven't tried the + versions yet.

I definitely didn't have an issue with the Duncan Solar and was surprised they worked as well when I got it, just looking for something a little more specific. I haven't tried the + versions yet.
I may be wrong, but the + sounds more like a Duncan Custom than the regular Solar does (isn’t the regular supposed to be a mix of a Duncan Distortion and a Custom?)

Back