What Did You Do With Your Guitar(s) Today?

Hahahah every time he comes over I gradually pull everything out of my studio in the most disorganized fashion and I end up with messes in both the living room and studio. I had to clean the studio up after last night, so I preemptively got the gear ready for him to pick what he wants to try instead of slowly discovering what I have.

IMG_6478.jpeg

IMG_6477.jpeg

Hahahah every time he comes over I gradually pull everything out of my studio in the most disorganized fashion and I end up with messes in both the living room and studio. I had to clean the studio up after last night, so I preemptively got the gear ready for him to pick what he wants to try instead of slowly discovering what I have.

View attachment 23360
View attachment 23361

Badass is Badass! :love

Bout time I got some wall hangers..., I'm up to 9 guitars now, with the new JP15. They deserve to be out in view.

What's a good hanger that won't discolor the finish? The Majesties are high gloss poly, and the JP is Roasted Maple, unfinished, oil-rubbed, but the part that will hang I guess is that same poly. It transitions just beyond where the guitar would hang.

And get a set of strap locks.
Diamond Life Gear... I'm very happy with mine.

Such a blast last night with my uncle, being gear nerds. He’s always been a utilitarian/minimalist with gear and to his credit, his hands did PLENTY of talking that I don’t think anyone has ever seen him play and questioned his gear choice. To us here, that translates to “boring” :rofl

He’s got a Peavey Classic 20 mini head and a 1x12, he’s owned some amazing Mesa Marks in the past and has plenty of experience growing up with tube amps, but he hasn’t gotten to play a ‘big iron’ amp in years and went nuts last night with the Electra Dyne and Shiva. We didn’t even get to the EVH.

Highlights were when he picked up my Orville after asking me which of my guitars sounded the best, I told him I wanted to see if he’d find it on his own and come to the same conclusions I did. Maybe 5 seconds after he had the Orville in his hands, “This is it!! Holy fuck!!!” He didn’t put it down the rest of the night.

The other one was when he heard some drop A riffs and finally, drop tuned heavy guitars clicked for him. Alice In Chains is about as heavy as he gets before he taps out, he’s thought the majority of 7-string/drop tuning has been silly for the last 30 years. I told him I have the 7-string in drop A and he just laughed, “Like A = 440 but an octave lower? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA” and then I plugged it in and played some riffs with it, “That doesn’t sound like mush! That’s fuckin MEAN!!! Damn!!! I wouldn’t know what to do with it but I bet that’s a fucking blast!”

Even if I never use any of that gear for anything legit, it was worth buying just to see him trip out on it for a few hours. That guy is such a huge reason I play like I do or even think of music in the way that I do, I really gotta find something I can get him that he’ll really dig. I just worry he’ll sell it for something cheap, he’s very much like our former buddy Bob Zoud. :rofl

Hell yeah! That's awesome, Drew. :beer

Maybe you could "loan" him a cool amp, and that way he couldn't go all
Northwoods on you and flip it for junk and pocket the difference! :LOL:

Hell yeah! That's awesome, Drew. :beer

Maybe you could "loan" him a cool amp, and that way he couldn't go all
Northwoods on you and flip it for junk and pocket the difference! :LOL:

I actually considered this before, but he can’t lift anything all that heavy after his heart attack a couple years back. As it is he’s got his wife nagging up a storm when he puts his amp on a dolly to bring to gigs. I’ve debated getting him an FM3 because he trips out on the Fractal stuff every time he comes over, but he’s very anti-technology and makes bad gear choices, so I’m not sure I want to risk it turning into a Bugera 1x12 combo out of the blue one day. :rofl

I actually considered this before, but he can’t lift anything all that heavy after his heart attack a couple years back. As it is he’s got his wife nagging up a storm when he puts his amp on a dolly to bring to gigs. I’ve debated getting him an FM3 because he trips out on the Fractal stuff every time he comes over, but he’s very anti-technology and makes bad gear choices, so I’m not sure I want to risk it turning into a Bugera 1x12 combo out of the blue one day. :rofl
The nagging ought to do well for his heart.

Hahahahhaha I’ve said almost the exact same thing to her shortly after it happened. :rofl

She means well more than she means to be controlling, but she’s a former biker chick and has the bedside manner of 60 grit sandpaper.
Jeez. Lol. Hopefully he's getting some weight off, walking, etc. to hopefully improve things.

I'm finding the Marks let a lot more individual character of different guitars/pickups through so I'm going through all my guitars and being hyper critical of the pickups I have. The good news is that 95% of everything is up to snuff. I am replacing the bridge in my S2 594 with an SD Scourge (should be here today or tomorrow). The bridge isn't bad by any means, but I am looking for something more in the vein of the pegasus I have in my LP.

The only other pickup change I'm considering is maybe changing the Dragon IIs in my cu22. I've loved them so far but with the Marks I'm noticing a little something in the midrange that I'm not totally loving

Shedded Dom 7 pentatonics all day,

Never heard of this but I am extremely intrigued and think I shall be doing likewise :D

I'm finding the Marks let a lot more individual character of different guitars/pickups through so I'm going through all my guitars and being hyper critical of the pickups I have. The good news is that 95% of everything is up to snuff. I am replacing the bridge in my S2 594 with an SD Scourge (should be here today or tomorrow). The bridge isn't bad by any means, but I am looking for something more in the vein of the pegasus I have in my LP.

The only other pickup change I'm considering is maybe changing the Dragon IIs in my cu22. I've loved them so far but with the Marks I'm noticing a little something in the midrange that I'm not totally loving

Never heard of this but I am extremely intrigued and think I shall be doing likewise :D
Just think of it as major penta with b7 instead of 6 or minor penta with 6 instead of b7

As in A7/E-6 penta
A b c# e g

Back