What are you listening to right now ?

Funny story...

For my birthday last year, I wanted to go skating and invited everyone we hang with in the neighborhood. We show up all dressed in 80's gear, and the girls played a joke on all the guys, see shirts below.

Needless to say, we all show up and the kids working there are giggling and talking under their breath about all of us thinking we cant skate. When we were turning in our skates at the end of the night, they were all begging us to come back soon, telling us which nights the more advanced skaters come and what nights to avoid with church youth groups, shitty skaters, etc. We had a BLAST!

I'm in the front with the glasses, lol!

View attachment 16253
View attachment 16254
Wow, that's awesome! Gosh, I haven't been skating in years - I'd probably bust my ass.:rofl

Funny story...

For my birthday last year, I wanted to go skating and invited everyone we hang with in the neighborhood. We show up all dressed in 80's gear, and the girls played a joke on all the guys, see shirts below.

Needless to say, we all show up and the kids working there are giggling and talking under their breath about all of us thinking we cant skate. When we were turning in our skates at the end of the night, they were all begging us to come back soon, telling us which nights the more advanced skaters come and what nights to avoid with church youth groups, shitty skaters, etc. We had a BLAST!

View attachment 16253
View attachment 16254
Good looking group!
Looks like a great time

It’s perfect weather time in South Florida where we can finally roll our windows down when driving, I’ve been introducing the residents to this song for the last couple days.

I love that there’s a catchy, melodic chorus in this and it’s still wrapped up in the death metal thing.

Funny story...

View attachment 16253
View attachment 16254
Awesome, all about having fun isn't it ?

:beer

I've been listening to this new prog metal band lately.

It's good record in my opinion. There are few obvious dream theater sound alike moments I don't appreciate and probably the band is not fully mature yet but I see potential here.

Arrangements are really good and there's a lot of variety.

This is another interesting prog metal record.
A lot of personality here with some odd and interesting ideas.

This is an instrumental jazz/prog record.
Very entertaining with an interesting line up.

Nova Collective began in 2014 when bassist Dan Briggs (BTBAM, Trioscapes) and guitarist Richard Henshall (Haken) began exchanging emails about music in general and before long a few demos were being exchanged and fleshed out into full arrangements. Drummer Matt Lynch (Trioscapes, Cynic) and keyboardist Pete Jones (ex-Haken) came on board shortly after to finish writing the album. The Further Side was written on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean, with Briggs and Lynch in America and Henshall and Jones in England, sharing session files until the group could get together at the beginning of 2015 to record with engineer Jamie King (BTBAM, The Contortionist). The album was mixed by Rich Mouser (Neal Morse, Transatlantic).

At the moment I'm listening to Paradise Lost's re-recording of the Icon album almost non-stop. I was worried that they wouldn't be able capture the special atmosphere of the original recording, but that's not the case at all. Nick's vocals are fantastic (hitting the sweet spot between his Death Metal roots and his later, much more melodic singing) and once again I was reminded why Greg Mackintosh is my favourite guitarist. I simply admire his talent for beautiful, melancholic and somehow elegant melodies.

Last edited:
Back