What are you listening to right now ?

Heard this one quite a few years ago and always liked it. I guess last nights practice went well, the guys want me to learn this one for next time. Anyone got a Stomp preset they use for this one, lol???

It's been a "female voiced indie pop/rock to punk rock" day for me.

It all started from an innocent "I wonder if Neko Case has released anything new" check on Spotify.
After a "best of" type album from her, Spotify rolled over to The Beths who I had not heard before.
Then I remembered Chairlift which is a bit oddball indie pop, which led to checking out Caroline Polachek's solo material. She has a godly voice!
Then I rolled over to something heavier with some Against Me.

Ah yeah, feel like I'm at the skating rink right now! :banana
Funny story...

For my birthday last year, I wanted to go skating and invited everyone we hang with in the neighborhood. We show up all dressed in 80's gear, and the girls played a joke on all the guys, see shirts below.

Needless to say, we all show up and the kids working there are giggling and talking under their breath about all of us thinking we cant skate. When we were turning in our skates at the end of the night, they were all begging us to come back soon, telling us which nights the more advanced skaters come and what nights to avoid with church youth groups, shitty skaters, etc. We had a BLAST!

I'm in the front with the glasses, lol!

BDay 1a.jpg

BDay 2.jpg

Back