What are you listening to right now ?

Love. It. I checked out of Plant solo stuff after 29 Palms era (great 90s radio road song, fwiw). I can't bring myself to check out his Alison Kraus collab or anything as I feel like (and I might be wrong) he's abandoned any semblence of rocking as he has gotten older. I understand it. But I gotta say I miss that swagger a bit.
Yeah, I kinda drew the line there too.

Love. It. I checked out of Plant solo stuff after 29 Palms era (great 90s radio road song, fwiw). I can't bring myself to check out his Alison Kraus collab or anything as I feel like (and I might be wrong) he's abandoned any semblence of rocking as he has gotten older. I understand it. But I gotta say I miss that swagger a bit.

His last solo album Carry The Fire is SO good. It is like an amalgamation of everything he has done. Middle Eastern, North African
vibes, Rock, Blues, Country-soaked Doo-Wop.... and with a killer band.

I often wonder how much he was Page's Muse and without him Page has floundered post-Zep, while Plant
has soared. Who was the real creative genius who pushed the envelope? Makes me wonder.

He also re-interprets some of the Zep material in really cool ways. Not everyone likes it, but I think
it is cool how he doesn't hold that material sacred and untouchable and mashes it together with
his other influences and makes it something he never was.

He also re-interprets some of the Zep material in really cool ways. Not everyone likes it, but I think
it is cool how he doesn't hold that material sacred and untouchable and mashes it together with
his other influences and makes it something he never was.

I'll have to check this out. I get why he doesn't try to revisit his glory years given the types of heights he would have to go to. I think Page was great in Zep but there's nothing I can think of beyond that that really resonated. I didn't like the Firm at all and that song with Puffy :wat:rofl

All this talk about DT and JP's rigs... This is one song I can juuuussstt about hang with when playing along (except for that blazing solo of course.) I freaking LOVE this song and how all the various parts are put together. Portnoy ROCKS!!

I also recall this was around the time Mike turned John onto Muse.

Did someone mention Cozy?

BTW: Without the sound of a distorted guitar, ELPalmer and ELPowel had more powerful moments than any metal band, even before Metallica or Dream Theater were born
:sofa

Last edited:
Did someone mention Cozy?

BTW: Without the sound of a distorted guitar, ELPalmer and ELPowel had more powerful moments than any metal band, even before Metallica or Dream Theater were born
:sofa

Go back Further and Wagner was the true father of Heavy he would literally shake the walls and had no electricity !!

Go back Further and Wagner was the true father of Heavy he would literally shake the walls and had no electricity !!

Until I was about 8 or 9 years old the only music I listened at home was Classical from my dad's collection. He was a fan of the Romantic Period. The long corridor of our house was adorned with large black and white carbon portraits with the faces of Beethoven, Wagner, Mozart, Bach, Liszt, Chopin, Brahms, Schubert. They were the first musicians that I could identify their music and recognize their names and faces

This is from 1730. Powerful, dark and expressive.

The 4th movement of Beethoven 6th is one of my favorites. This is how a 2 minutes storm at the forest sounds like while the little furry animals are running for cover.

And the spectacular, emotive and tragic Mozart's Requiem, of course.

Any Bajo singing the first notes of Tuba Mirum kicks the ass of the most guttural Death Metal singer

Last edited:
there is this Song from Batllestar Galactica Concert from Bear McCreary which i find is Heavy AF

Another post with Tina Guo and you will be banned for provocative :cop
you mean like this ?

Tina_Guo_credit_Frank-Embacher_2-1024x683.jpg

:D

Back