What are you listening to right now ?

Thrash that killer song up!! :idk

I heard an 80s Pop Song today in the Grocery Store, and
was thinking it would be an awesome tune to give the
Metal treatment! Not saying what it was. Because ideas
are precious. Sometimes. :LOL:

The show that made me sit up and take serious notice of these guys! I was like, WTF?? HOW do they sound so GOOD and FULL live like that??

I got to see them on Simulation Theory and it was THE best concert I'd ever been to, bumping out Journey for overall sound quality, and even PF, for best combination of light and sound.

The show, the performance, the music, the clarity, the subs, mids, & highs, the theatrics, the videos, the fuzz, the props, the lights, all of it amazing!

And just to show what you can do with music, I just messed around with the keyboard parts in S.O.S. for a bit, and get this:

It uses the same chord progression in Dream Theater's Lines in the Sand during the guitar solo!

Wild how different those 2 songs are!

It's probably a common progression though. I don't know how you name it, but it's Dm F C Gm. Maybe vi I V ii...?

:rofl

The dude is one of my heroes and even I am, "Really.... Jerry?"

He did it on the last Tour, too. It's cool if you are playing the local VFW.

We bust our Singer's balls about it, and refuse to allow him to use any
props or aids on stage when it is gig time. And he doesn't. :idk
Agreed. Granted, Ace isn't relevant exactly to the conversation, but my understanding is that Jerry started playing because of Ace. He's late to the mic, not a great vocalist (never was, but he was cool enough to make it work), etc. He relies on his band pretty much throughout the show, and his abilities (vocals and guitar) are pretty diminished.

As for Jerry, reading lyrics is a bad look and it hinders the performance. The reason is because you're mostly reading mentally, not performing, because your mind is elsewhere.

Back