What are you GAS'ing for at the moment ?

Welp, it's a good thing I haven't succeeded in buying any new guitars lately, because today I broke my fucking heel!

Jumped off a scaffold walk board that was about to fall away from the house, and landed hard on my left foot. Fuck me. No weight-bearing for at least 6-8 weeks, which means no work either. And work comp won't pay anything near my salary. Good thing I've got savings!

Lots of time to play guitar though, if I can figure out how to do it comfortably while keeping my leg elevated!

That's a scary situation - sorry to hear you got hurt but glad it was not worse! Hope you heal up soon!

Welp, it's a good thing I haven't succeeded in buying any new guitars lately, because today I broke my fucking heel!

Jumped off a scaffold walk board that was about to fall away from the house, and landed hard on my left foot. Fuck me. No weight-bearing for at least 6-8 weeks, which means no work either. And work comp won't pay anything near my salary. Good thing I've got savings!

Lots of time to play guitar though, if I can figure out how to do it comfortably while keeping my leg elevated!
1722903755359.png

Holy shit dude! Little consolation for you but I'm happy to hear that it wasn't a lot worse!

I don't even feel safe very high on a regular ladder with my 57 year old knees that decide they are perfectly happy, right tf where they are at the moment - any movement from that position means bad bad things. Can't imagine working like you do.

Oops ...ok, my bad ...well, that sucks and I feel like an ass ..glad you're ok ... and yes elevate and ice ....

Heel injuries suck, as I have a nagging heel issue myself.....I heard that PT is good for you later ...but I only have a doctorate in rock, so yeah.

Really, sorry about that insensitive jab ... Don't overdue it on the meds...or do, if that's your thing.
No worries. I didn't take it that way. Plus I realize no matter how stuff comes off on the surface around here, 95% of the time we're all just kidding around. It's all good! :beer

No, I didn't do it because I thought I was young; I did it because in that instant, I thought the walk board was going to fall away from the house, and I'd fall straight down, and it would've ended up on top of me (very heavy.) And yes, all that ran through my mind in an instant.

So I jumped out and away from it.

Wow! Sounds like you reacted in a way that spared you a far worse outcome.

Wow! Sounds like you reacted in a way that spared you a far worse outcome.
These things happen, and then we second-guess our actions.

In this case, I thought that maybe if I hadn't reacted so quickly, and instead, just stayed put and moved myself closer to the house, the ladder would've settled back against the house. In fact, I'm almost certain of it.

Man this fucker is painful! But I'm derailing the thread.

Thanks for all the well-wishes guys! It means a lot.

Sorry, still have a little forum PTSD....just want to make sure people know I only SEEM like an asshole ..not that I AM an asshole....so yeah .. little sensitive I guess....haha.

:beer
I've probably read every one of your posts. You're definitely not coming off like that at all.
Besides, even if you were, you'd have been straightened out by now. :hmm:rofl And laughed at. :grin And ridiculed a bit perhaps, :brick in a good way of course. :beer

Someone should jump on this, I have the superior color version (dark red :grin :satan) but I love love love mine. It's the most awesome change-up from all my HB guitars, and was just what Dr. Gas ordered. Expectations blew through the roof with what I get from it!

Screenshot 2024-08-06 085907.jpg

Back