What are we watching now?

Yeah, that makes sense. I guess it was inevitable that we'd reach a point where "McBride doing that McBride thing" (aka being a hilarious douche) wasn't going to surprise us anymore. In the small time we watched, he seemed to be trying to play it a little straight, which combined with the Scooby Doo blackmail setup, van and all, kind of killed the comedic potential.
He's so weird. Like his first flick "Foot Fist Way" was too low budget in all the wrong ways. I dug him in Hot Rod with Samberg and the Lonely Island guys. Eastbound is really him at his peak, imo. Pineapple Express kind of less so but still in that vein. Vice Principals was great for me. Gemstones was ehh and his involvement in making the trilogy of abomination that is the newest Halloween trilogy "story" was not good in any way shape or form. Ugh on that turd.

@JiveTurkey, I just noticed this in one of your older posts: "snipped for spoiler tag that isn't doing it's job"

Are my inline spoiler tags not working?

@JiveTurkey, I just noticed this in one of your older posts: "snipped for spoiler tag that isn't doing it's job"

Are my inline spoiler tags not working?
They are now. When I quoted a post from you then; the quote didn't retain the spoiler for whatever reason? It is working now so no idea wtf was going on then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :rofl

They are now. When I quoted a post from you then; the quote didn't retain the spoiler for whatever reason? It is working now so no idea wtf was going on then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :rofl
Oh, OK. Yeah, the spoiler tag/ style probably doesn't work when nested inside QUOTE tags.

He's so weird. Like his first flick "Foot Fist Way" was too low budget in all the wrong ways. I dug him in Hot Rod with Samberg and the Lonely Island guys. Eastbound is really him at his peak, imo. Pineapple Express kind of less so but still in that vein. Vice Principals was great for me. Gemstones was ehh and his involvement in making the trilogy of abomination that is the newest Halloween trilogy "story" was not good in any way shape or form. Ugh on that turd.
:D I've never heard of any of those movies except Pineapple Express (which I loved.)

You're selling me on the idea of giving VPs another chance...

:D I've never heard of any of those movies except Pineapple Express (which I loved.)

You're selling me on the idea of giving VPs another chance...
Hot Rod is awesome. If you dig Andy Samberg style dumb humor. It's one of my absolute favorites. Killer cast and just dumb in the best of ways. The other one he was in with all the comedians (End of the World? Can't remember?" was pretty good as well. I liked Seth Rogen for a good bit and now I really can't stand the dumb stoner routine and world's most irritating laugh. Ugh.

Hot Rod is awesome. If you dig Andy Samberg style dumb humor. It's one of my absolute favorites. Killer cast and just dumb in the best of ways. The other one he was in with all the comedians (End of the World? Can't remember?" was pretty good as well. I liked Seth Rogen for a good bit and now I really can't stand the dumb stoner routine and world's most irritating laugh. Ugh.
Samberg is not exactly my speed - though, to be fair, I can't recall ever having seen him in anything. Apart from gawping into the camera on SNL. For whatever duration it takes me to find the TV remote. :D

Speaking of dumb...for whatever reason the YT algo has been offering up Eric Andre show clips from what I am assuming is a current season? I never watched it officially but the clips I have seen with whatever Will Smith Kid and Cheech and Tom Hanks rapper son has been ridiculous :rofl

Speaking of dumb...for whatever reason the YT algo has been offering up Eric Andre show clips from what I am assuming is a current season? I never watched it officially but the clips I have seen with whatever Will Smith Kid and Cheech and Tom Hanks rapper son has been ridiculous :rofl

Parts of that show can be entertaining when in the right mindset lol

I’ve been trying to trudge through Silo. If I didn’t know better I’d guess this is a jj abrams show. It follows his usual recipe of an opener episode that creates a genuinely interesting mystery followed by a dozen episodes that don’t address it and instead focus on the endless drama of a dozen characters nobody cares about.

Def getting the impression that first episode wrote s bunch of checks the plot can’t cash. Feels like Lost all over.
I think it reveals new pieces every episode to flesh out the world and characters, enough to keep me interested but yeah, I think it could drop a good bit of drama. I do think it has a fully realized plot line but is just slow paced. I'm actually hoping this would end up being just a 1-2 season show.

Jeez, Ted Lasso just keeps going and going. I keep thinking I've just watched it wrap up, and then the "Next Episode" prompt appears at the bottom of the screen.

EnergizerBunny.png

We ditched Hello Tomorrow and got through about half an episode of Mosquito Coast last night. Main character is hard to like, but the premise is interesting enough. I remember the Harrison Ford film (apparently based on the same book) being pretty good.

Jeez, Ted Lasso just keeps going and going. I keep thinking I've just watched it wrap up, and then the "Next Episode" prompt appears at the bottom of the screen.

EnergizerBunny.png

We ditched Hello Tomorrow and got through about half an episode of Mosquito Coast last night. Main character is hard to like, but the premise is interesting enough. I remember the Harrison Ford film (apparently based on the same book) being pretty good.
S1 of Mosquito was good. Don't have an Apple TV plus wtfever sub so wasn't aware of S2. Might have to dig it up.

We liked Mosquito Coast - I think Justin Theroux’s dad or other relative wrote the book it’s based on.

Last of Us is really good. I liked Walking Dead (mostly) but it’s better in my opinion.

We’ve been watching Crowded Room too - it’s a good mystery thriller thing.

I gave up on Hello Tomorrow - the acting felt so stiff and forced and the plot just seemed to kind of go nowhere interesting.

Back