What a "surprising" development!

Note how he specifically says plugins and not hardware. I think he is using a QC now tho if I recall
My bet is that the business side of things swayed them into being Neural. I don’t think cliff cares, and wouldn’t even bother… it’s not the Fractal way… But imo staying with and using fractal (which they did before) would have sent a good/better messenger about artists and their view on gear. Buuuuut… I’m old.. they’re young and probably don’t even care.. business is 90% of the thing today… it seems.

Heck… even Plini. But I don’t think he actually could foresee the massive social media impact his plug had. Because Plini is (at least was) a very “it’s not the gear, and I don’t like being a puppet” kinda of guy.

I don't have time to watch the video. What is this revelation about? did he came out of the closet? he communicated with God? a third eye to see his past lives? a sudden relieve of a long time constipation?
Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

Gotta say. After not watching Chap sell stuff at the same pace for a years and Bea blowing up (The Modeler Wars, his own plugin!), seeing them together reminded me of this (for utterly selling everything gear related)

Last edited:
Chapman's earlier videos with Lee were pretty good and kind of set the bar for gear demos in the earlier YT days. Andertons had good videos for several years and raised their production level a fair amount, but they kind of stalled out a few years back and I haven't watched much for a long time. Rob's videos after he moved to Malta and had the falling out with Riff City have been unwatchable. The full time video makers really do have to work full time to make moderately interesting videos and clearly he's not doing that.

Rabea, I watch mostly for his playing and songs which are good. Hell I have his new song with Plini saved on my Spotify as I listened several times because it's just a damn good song. Even Pete Thorn, great a player as he is, shills products is better than 9 of 10 videos. I honestly don't even watch his channel anymore.

You have to realize 95% of these videos are just advertisements. There aren't many honest gear reviews on social media. That's one reason I like to make long rambling posts when I try out gear...it's an interesting impartial review of the gear for other curious people, and sometimes it's a signpost for future me when he tries to buy the same gear multiple times :p

Just watched a couple minutes of the video. Dude, when was the last time there was question do “does a modeler sound good enough?”. It’s been over for years. You don’t buy a tube amp because it sounds better. You buy it because it’s fun and you want it.

You have to realize 95% of these videos are just advertisements.
🡩 ★
Or as means to further monetize the video itself.

To demonstrate gear one doesn't have to show face or talk but that's how they keep people "tuned in" and yes, affect their opinion (influence) whether either side is aware of the process or not.
My brotherly suggestion is to turn on your brain when watching gear content on youtube and be especially aware of 'opinions' when people talk.

Who actually calls their stuff “gear reviews”, as opposed to “gear demos”? There’s a significant difference.

That’s largely a distinction without meaning, within the general topic of how YT is leveraged. (By both the company and YouTuber)

That’s largely a distinction without meaning, within the general topic of how YT is leveraged. (By both the company and YouTuber)
Sadly that’s probably true. But there’s definitely a distinction there. And I’d say the number of actual reviews on YouTube is exceedingly tiny.

Back