Welcome, newcomers!

Ever eat a Japanese pickle? It’s nothing like what we call a pickle. 👍
I have not. My adventurous streak for cuisine is pretty tame. Probably unsurprisingly :bag
Season 4 Episode 13 GIF by The Office

I have not. My adventurous streak for cuisine is pretty tame. Probably unsurprisingly :bag
Season 4 Episode 13 GIF by The Office

Sometimes there’s just no choice brother… Lol

When I was about 30, we had some Japanese investors that we met in San Francisco, downtown by the Asian hotels. (Those guys often cluster at their own restaurants serving the Japanese fairly exclusively.)

Long story short, Texas borned and raised, some of those investors thought it was funny as shit that I never ate bait … errr … sushi before. “You no like? Ha ha ha ha ha”

Screw you Takamura San. Anyways - after forcing round one down of sushi down my pie hole (and stealing the Sacho’s fried chicken 🍗 (read: President) ) … those bastards went deeper into the menu ordering shit not normal, for round two.

I had to tap out after a couple of bites of a few different things. Proverbial “umaides” and I’m full. Here, let me fill your beer for you. Kampai!” 😝

Skip forward a few years, and I’ve been to Japan a couple of times working with these fellas and funny enough. Sushi has become an acquired taste. I seek it out every now and then because of that.

You see, in Japan sushi is not an every day meal. It’s an honorific meal because it’s an expensive item there too, and you provide it to your guests as a way of honoring them.

But when your visitor, you can get sushi every fucking day. I left one trip with the memory of just chewing on a piece of fish skin trying to gulp it down to be polite, on the last day because someone brought us a “special” meal

City Sushi Food GIF by South Park

Sometimes it’s the perfect thing. 😜

Last edited:
Sometimes there’s just no choice brother… Lol

When I was about 30, we had some Japanese investors that we met in San Francisco, downtown by the Asian hotels. (Those guys often cluster at their own restaurants serving the Japanese fairly exclusively.)

Long story short, Texas borned and raised, some of those investors thought it was funny as s**t that I never ate bait … errr … sushi before. “You no like? Ha ha ha ha ha”

Screw you Takamura San. Anyways - after forcing round one down of sushi down my pie hole (and stealing the Sacho’s fried chicken 🍗 (read: President) ) … those bastards went deeper into the menu ordering s**t not normal for round two. I had to tap out after a couple of bites of a few different things. Proverbial “umaides” and I’m full.” 😝

Skip forward a few years, and I’ve been to Japan a couple of times working with these fellas and funny enough. Suji has become an acquired taste. I seek it out every now and then because of that.

City Sushi Food GIF by South Park

Sometimes it’s the perfect thing. 😜

We've got a Long John Silver's :cry: :rofl

Hey all, signed up a few days ago. Read about this on the FAS forum. I don't recall ever signing up at the "other" site, largely because folk at the FAS and PRS forums told too many drama stories about that place and the last thing I need is others drama (got my own)!! So far seems like a cool place to hang! Can't contribute any funds at the moment, but happy to provide coding or other volunteer type work if needed to keep a good thing rolling! If you ever read something I post and think I am trying to be an a$$, read again as I am most likely trying to be funny and failing ;~))

Hey all, signed up a few days ago. Read about this on the FAS forum. I don't recall ever signing up at the "other" site, largely because folk at the FAS and PRS forums told too many drama stories about that place and the last thing I need is others drama (got my own)!! So far seems like a cool place to hang! Can't contribute any funds at the moment, but happy to provide coding or other volunteer type work if needed to keep a good thing rolling! If you ever read something I post and think I am trying to be an a$$, read again as I am most likely trying to be funny and failing ;~))
Welcome! Dill pickles or sweet pickles?

Hi All! Been lurking here a for a bit and decided to register. Getting banned from TGP also helped with the decision. I have been on that site for over 10 years with thousands of posts but just got banned and have literally no idea why. Apparently there is no way to find out until my little punishment period is over. Anyway, I was pretty well done with that place for all the known reasons. Really enjoying the vibe here and the community. Appreciate you guys taking the time and effort to set up a really improved alternative.

@Stone How do you plan to break the ice? Will you start with factory preset 001 "59 Bassguy" (Fender Tweed Bassman)? What guitar will you pick? What will be the first riff that you will feed to the beast? Headphones or monitors?
Nervous Rap Game GIF by TrueReal
Scared Breaking Bad GIF by davidsaracino
Tommy Dewey Waiting GIF by NOW WE'RE TALKING TV SERIES'RE TALKING TV SERIES
Step 1: Set up and Optimize FM9 for my Powercabs and my room Environement
Step 2: Download some pre configured blocks
Step 3: Work a Building Tone for Gary Moore Parisienne Walkways
Step 4: Start Learning/Playing using my Modded Revstar 2

:guiness

Hi All! Been lurking here a for a bit and decided to register. Getting banned from TGP also helped with the decision. I have been on that site for over 10 years with thousands of posts but just got banned and have literally no idea why. Apparently there is no way to find out until my little punishment period is over. Anyway, I was pretty well done with that place for all the known reasons. Really enjoying the vibe here and the community. Appreciate you guys taking the time and effort to set up a really improved alternative.
I woke up to a weeks ban today too... I don't know why exactly but I assume it's the comment I made in the thread with the guitar with a .50 cal inlaid into the body.
"Looks like a guitar for someone that know exactly how much Sudafed you get for a stolen catalytic converter."
I guess I offended a crackhead :LOL:

Last edited:
I woke up to a weeks ban today too... I don't know why exactly but I assume it's the comment I made in the thread with the guitar with a .50 cal inlaid into the body. "
Looks like a guitar for someone that know exactly how much Sudafed you get for a stolen catalytic converter."
I guess offended a crackhead :LOL:

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I woke up to a weeks ban today too... I don't know why exactly but I assume it's the comment I made in the thread with the guitar with a .50 cal inlaid into the body.
"Looks like a guitar for someone that know exactly how much Sudafed you get for a stolen catalytic converter."
I guess I offended a crackhead :LOL:
Omg. Just when I thought that place couldn’t get more ridiculous!

LMAO. Welcome to the club! 😊

You see, in Japan sushi is not an every day meal. It’s an honorific meal because it’s an expensive item there too, and you provide it to your guests as a way of honoring them.
You absolutely can get anything from convenience store grade sushi all the way to very fancy stuff and everything in between in Japan. I think it can be as everyday as you want it to be.

I love good sushi. I especially love the conveyor belt places in Japan where you have these plates going around with all kinds of stuff and you pick one, put the plate in a stack on your table and then they scan the plates to figure out how much it all costs. They are usually color coded based on how expensive the ingredients are, e.g tuna is more expensive than salmon.

You absolutely can get anything from convenience store grade sushi all the way to very fancy stuff and everything in between in Japan. I think it can be as everyday as you want it to be.

I love good sushi. I especially love the conveyor belt places in Japan where you have these plates going around with all kinds of stuff and you pick one, put the plate in a stack on your table and then they scan the plates to figure out how much it all costs. They are usually color coded based on how expensive the ingredients are, e.g tuna is more expensive than salmon.

Yes, you can “fastfoodify” anything apparently; but gas station sushi isn’t for me. ymmv

Yes, you can “fastfoodify” anything apparently; but gas station sushi isn’t for me. ymmv
Especially when their “sushi” is basically everything and the kitchen sink and doesn’t even contain vinegar in the rice.

Man, I love some good sushi. We’ve got some really nice places down here and some other places you just look at and say “Nope!”

I thought the idea of it was absolutely looney until I was 21 and my former drummer told me, “Man, I got the band name and logo figured out already but I’m not showing you unless you come have sushi with me” I HATED seafood growing up. Living in Maine and not liking lobster is akin to growing up in Boston and not liking the Celtics, Bruins, Sox or Pats. So I went and started small, but quickly realized how much I loved it.

Eel, especially, I LOVE the flavor but that texture is like eating an eyeball! :rofl But man, some fresh sushi on a beautiful day, you walk out of the place feeling like you can run a marathon.

Back