Welcome, newcomers!

Someone should make a Gif of this in reference to "the not named place"
that ought to be fun :D

womanyellingcat-1573233850.jpg

Thoughts on the Epiphone??

I was REALLY wanting one and was going to order one last month when they released the Berserker but then I started hearing about the QC issues and saw some rather nasty pics of gouged fingerboards. At $1300 while I’ve been buying MIJ LP’s for $1K, it’s a hard sell unless I can play one in the store first.

Thoughts on the Epiphone??

I was REALLY wanting one and was going to order one last month when they released the Berserker but then I started hearing about the QC issues and saw some rather nasty pics of gouged fingerboards. At $1300 while I’ve been buying MIJ LP’s for $1K, it’s a hard sell unless I can play one in the store first.
It’s flawless man. The ebony is super dark, not a streak to be found. It’s missing little things like the sides of the headstock aren’t bursted, no fret nibs, has acrylic inlays, and no nitro; mostly standard Epi stuff. But I’d buy the Epiphone over the AJ Standard any day. Super impressed with the fit and finish.

Plus you get the volute, maple neck, protector case, posilocks, and good wiring

It’s flawless man. The ebony is super dark, not a streak to be found. It’s missing little things like the sides of the headstock aren’t bursted, no fret nibs, has acrylic inlays, and no nitro; mostly standard Epi stuff. But I’d buy the Epiphone over the AJ Standard any day. Super impressed with the fit and finish.

Plus you get the volute, maple neck, protector case, posilocks, and good wiring

Yeah I don’t mind the nibs/headstock finish or acrylic at all, the more important aspects to me are the woods and that finish!

Really, I hope Epi keeps banging them out. I know the rumor is that they’re going to go with a non-graphic AJ sig after these limited ones, I might just hold out until then and the prices start coming down.

Congrats, man!!!

Yeah I don’t mind the nibs/headstock finish or acrylic at all, the more important aspects to me are the woods and that finish!

Really, I hope Epi keeps banging them out. I know the rumor is that they’re going to go with a non-graphic AJ sig after these limited ones, I might just hold out until then and the prices start coming down.

Congrats, man!!!
Thanks brother! I heard (from a reliable source) and hope they’ll do that. Pretty sure they’re just oiling the money printer right now.

Hey guys, long time lurker of various forums but never bothered signing up before as all I can usually offer are sarky comments (might go down well here...). Having read why you started this forum I thought I'd show some support by registering.
Public announcement over, carry on with your rocking (or other genre non-specific persuasions) :rawk

Hey guys, long time lurker of various forums but never bothered signing up before as all I can usually offer are sarky comments (might go down well here...). Having read why you started this forum I thought I'd show some support by registering.
Public announcement over, carry on with your rocking (or other genre non-specific persuasions) :rawk
Awesome. Thanks for stopping in!

Back