Welcome, newcomers!

Never had a strawberry that expensive… But we did have dinner one night in a very traditional upscale joint in the old capital of Kyoto. All the servers (women only) were in traditional dress.

It was at least 12 courses… Probably 1400 bucks a person.

At one point there, is this small personal clay pot with a red hot charcoal fire cooking soup in a paper bowl. Amazing. (The charcoal alone comes from a very specific forest and place.)

The best part was dessert. It was just two bites of fresh pear. But it was the best pear I’ve ever had then or since. Essentially pure pear …

I love LJS, too. All the Hush Puppies. Nom! Nom!

Tartar Sauce = pickle + Mayo. :love
This is going to sound like the grossest, dumb American thing but I could literally eat a container full of the crunchies and nothing else :bag
Tina Fey Nbc GIF by Saturday Night Live

This is going to sound like the grossest, dumb American thing but I could literally eat a container full of the crunchies and nothing else :bag
Tina Fey Nbc GIF by Saturday Night Live

LJS keeping it real for us commoners. :LOL:

When I was a kid that was the only place I would ask my Grandparents to take me. To the point
that they stopped asking. Honestly, have not been in years.... but my memories are cherished
and solid to the point of irrefutability. :beer

This will probably be funny to those in the US, but I saw a Popeyes up here in Canada for the first time a few months ago. Didn't even know they existed here. I got a standard chicken sandwich (was very good!) with what I thought would be a reasonable order of medium fries.

Nothing about them was 'medium'. I could have eaten just the fries and be completely full. :rofl

I'd love to go to Japan someday. Bucketlist for sure. Have always loved that culture and people
since I was a child and thought Samurai and Zen Priests were the shiznit! :love

That and they seem one of the few people's on Earth who still like and vaue ..... err..... uhmmmm....
guitar-driven music. :idk

This thread smells less like pickles and fermented food and more and more like privilege with each passing post. :LOL:

I always find it hilariously amusing that someone would conflate, hard-working, busting your ass, traveling around the world with “privilege”.

Just because I don’t talk about all the times I nearly died/cried doesn’t mean I had a gravy life brother. Never the victim.

You just have to be willing to take the same risks I take, which I doubt most people would ever wish to even consider.

I’ve lost everything multiple times in life brother and I mean everything.

That woke bullshit doesn’t belong here.

Back