Wazzup?? I'll Open Up With Something Controversial: What Guitarist Don't You "Get"?

I kinda chuckle at Bonamassa, just the fact this white kid who came from a middle class family in the suburbs managed to turn himself into a 1%’er by playing blues music. Totally respect what and how he does what he does, dude banks on himself and doesn’t rely on promoters, runs a staff of about 20 people and DIY’s everything. He’s also made no bones about the decision to market himself by throwing on a pair of shades and a suit, which is basically when his career went from guy-playing-shit-clubs to legit venues.
Fair, but I'll stick to Rory and SRV.

You are very serious about this stuff :grin I dig it!
My girlfriend and I have Sirius XM in the car. We have favorites for a number of rock and metal stations. We hear three notes of Motley or GNR on Hair Nation or Ozzy's Boneyard and have to change it. I can tolerate Motley at times as I'm a fan of Mick Mars, but she can't stand either of them. She'd much rather listen to Motorhead, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, or AC/DC. Even Poison is more appreciated wheb we go places.

Sometimes we get both channels playing both bands at the same time, and occasionally they'll play one band on both stations. Dreadful stuff.

My girlfriend and I have Sirius XM in the car. We have favorites for a number of rock and metal stations. We hear three notes of Motley or GNR on Hair Nation or Ozzy's Boneyard and have to change it. I can tolerate Motley at times as I'm a fan of Mick Mars, but she can't stand either of them. She'd much rather listen to Motorhead, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, or AC/DC. Even Poison is more appreciated wheb we go places.

Sometimes we get both channels playing both bands at the same time, and occasionally they'll play one band on both stations. Dreadful stuff.
My wife is pretty easy going. Liquid Metal, First Wave, Ozzy's Boneyard and Rock the Bells gets it all done, generally speaking \m/

My wife is pretty easy going. Liquid Metal, First Wave, Ozzy's Boneyard and Rock the Bells gets it all done, generally speaking \m/
Random, but my girlfriend cannot stand Tommy London. I'm not too keen on him either. We prefer Keith Roth or, if we're listening to the metal stations, Jose Mangin. I don't think we've ever listened to Rock the Bells, though I'd guess it's an old school rap station based on the LL Cool J reference?

Random, but my girlfriend cannot stand Tommy London. I'm not too keen on him either. We prefer Keith Roth or, if we're listening to the metal stations, Jose Mangin. I don't think we've ever listened to Rock the Bells, though I'd guess it's an old school rap station based on the LL Cool J reference?
Tommy London's voice is super annoying. And speaking of G N' R; Duff Mckagan and his wife's show...jesus christ BARF

I used to get irritated with Jose but he has grown on me. Rock the Bells is owned/ran/curated by LL. Roxanne Shante has a show on there that drives me nuts. As well as the need to do super mixes where I will hear a killer cut I have never heard only to have the song name displaying the DJ's handle :wat:cuss

Back before I met my wife I was dating a girl and we were at my place making out on the couch and I had Supper's Ready playing.
When the long instrumental section in 9/8 came on she stopped and basically said,

"If you're hoping to take this further it ain't gonna happen with this shit on."

Zeppelin time, stat!!! :rofl

Tommy London's voice is super annoying. And speaking of G N' R; Duff Mckagan and his wife's show...jesus christ BARF

I used to get irritated with Jose but he has grown on me. Rock the Bells is owned/ran/curated by LL. Roxanne Shante has a show on there that drives me nuts. As well as the need to do super mixes where I will hear a killer cut I have never heard only to have the song name displaying the DJ's handle :wat:cuss
Yeah. My girlfriend is like, "they play decent music and stuff, but I just have zero interest in anything they have to say." Lmao.

Jose is super goofy, but seems very into whatever it is he is hosting on his shows. His enthusiasm is certainly there, though it might not appeal to the "metal is serious, bro" types out there.

That makes sense. I don't know that we've listened to Rock the Bells. My tastes in rap are sorta weird, as well as not being a huge fan of rap, so that shouldn't be surprising.

That DJ handle stuff in the middle of songs is goofy as hell.

Yeah. My girlfriend is like, "they play decent music and stuff, but I just have zero interest in anything they have to say." Lmao.

Jose is super goofy, but seems very into whatever it is he is hosting on his shows. His enthusiasm is certainly there, though it might not appeal to the "metal is serious, bro" types out there.

That makes sense. I don't know that we've listened to Rock the Bells. My tastes in rap are sorta weird, as well as not being a huge fan of rap, so that shouldn't be surprising.

That DJ handle stuff in the middle of songs is goofy as hell.
On Liquid Metal; one guy that shouldn't irritate me but absolutely does is Ian Christe. Super knowledgeable from the old school but, again; drop the history lesson (and mentioning your book series on Bazillionpointsaudio for the 1000th time that hour) and just play the GD Destruction song already.

Back before I met my wife I was dating a girl and we were at my place making out on the couch and I had Supper's Ready playing.
When the long instrumental section in 9/8 came on she stopped and basically said,

"If you're hoping to take this further it ain't gonna happen with this shit on."

Zeppelin time, stat!!! :rofl
Women's inability (speaking in general terms here with a WIDE PAINTBRUSH) to fathom or comprehend music that isn't in fuck me suck me 4/4 time signatures and mid pace tempos is a bummer, man.

On Liquid Metal; one guy that shouldn't irritate me but absolutely does is Ian Christe. Super knowledgeable from the old school but, again; drop the history lesson (and mentioning your book series on Bazillionpointsaudio for the 1000th time that hour) and just play the GD Destruction song already.
Hmm, my girlfriend and I enjoy the history and other cultures thing. He's the one that'll do a show that's all Brazilian metal, or all etc metal right?

Yes. The themes are always super cool. It's just he talks wayyyyy too much when I would rather just listen to the music.
Fair point. I like that anthropologist aspect, but if you just want some bludgeoning, ignorant, aggressive caveman metal, the history and culture thing will not appeal to people. Even for some it does appeal to, if you hammer a point too long, you might lose people.

Back