Wazzup?? I'll Open Up With Something Controversial: What Guitarist Don't You "Get"?

10-12 years ago my buddy Jimi Hazel's band 24-7 Spyz made a trip to the west coast to play The Viper Room in Hollywood so my wife and I made the drive up and got a room for the night.

Get to the club and get a spot right up against the stage.

Not long after the band starts rocking a small mosh breaks out with a number of rather large dudes and not too long after my wife got sucked into it and decided to really give it a go - we were slightly smashed.

It was great. As soon as the dudes realized they had a 5 foot tall older woman in their pit everyone chilled and stayed aware of her.

I had to yank her out so they could get back on with it.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Last edited:
10-12 years ago my buddy Jimi Hazel's band 24/7 made a trip to the west coast to play The Viper Room in Hollywood so my wife and I made the drive up and got a room for the night.

Get to the club and get a spot right up against the stage.

Not long after the band starts rocking a small mosh breaks out with a number of rather large dudes and not too long after my wife got sucked into it and she decided to really give it a go - we were slightly smashed.

It was great. As soon as the dudes realized they had a 5 foot tall older woman in their pit everyone chilled and stayed aware of her.
I had to yank her out so they could get back on with it.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
She was probably about to throw down and show them how it is done. Lmao

A master of what? Inciting naps in the listener?

True story - a friend of mine got us 5th row floor seats for the Cream reunion show at Madison Square Garden in 2005. I think they were like $400/each. I took the train in for the show, and he flew across the country. Dude literally fell asleep after the fourth song, and it was completely understandable why.

As a hard rock fan I found this cool looking album.
Bought it because of the cover and expected to hear something like Sabbath.
I was wrong
Really really wrong 🤪
I had a VERY similar experience. I saw these older kids with long hair who had t-shirts with skeletons and shit. FFS, the band name is the "Grateful Dead". What a wind-up! Then I borrowed a tape from a friend's older brother, pressed play and "Box of Rain" came out. Imagine my confusion.

On Liquid Metal; one guy that shouldn't irritate me but absolutely does is Ian Christe. Super knowledgeable from the old school but, again; drop the history lesson (and mentioning your book series on Bazillionpointsaudio for the 1000th time that hour) and just play the GD Destruction song already.
I'm just going to assume these posts sound 100,000x less bizarre to someone who listens to satellite radio?

Last edited:
True story - a friend of mine got us 5th row floor seats for the Cream reunion show at Madison Square Garden in 2005. I think they were like $400/each. I took the train in for the show, and he flew across the country. Dude literally fell asleep after the fourth song, and it was completely understandable why.
I can relate to this. I saw Clapton on the From The Cradle Tour, back in 1995 ( wife wanted to say she'd seen EC live)
I, too, fell asleep halfway through the set.

As a hard rock fan I found this cool looking album.
Bought it because of the cover and expected to hear something like Sabbath.
I was wrong
Really really wrong 🤪
View attachment 20497
Yes, this was always a source of major cognitive dissonance: The Dead had the baddest album covers/ merch art... but the music sounded like a very inebriated band playing your neighbor's backyard pig roast.

Last edited:
Women's inability (speaking in general terms here with a WIDE PAINTBRUSH) to fathom or comprehend music that isn't in fuck me suck me 4/4 time signatures and mid pace tempos is a bummer, man.
:oops:

I'm gonna have to go with my boilerplate, "You say that like it's a bad thing" for this one.

(For the record: this is not to say that I agree with the observation.)

Last edited:
This wasn't the same show where Ginger Baker famously walked off stage because the 2nd drummer was pissing him off so much, was it?

I can relate to this. I saw Clapton on the From The Cradle Tour, back in 1995 ( wife wanted to say she'd seen EC live)
I, too, fell asleep halfway through the set.
Oh snap. I saw that tour, too. And I literally forgot all about it. Case closed. :rofl

Back before I met my wife I was dating a girl and we were at my place making out on the couch and I had Supper's Ready playing.
When the long instrumental section in 9/8 came on she stopped and basically said,

"If you're hoping to take this further it ain't gonna happen with this shit on."

Zeppelin time, stat!!! :rofl
Bring on...

Back