Wazzup?? I'll Open Up With Something Controversial: What Guitarist Don't You "Get"?

the music sounded like a very inebriated band playing your neighbor's backyard pig roast.
That's "The San Francisco Sound tm"

A lot of the San Francisco bands were borderline inept - totally a 'right place at the right time' situation. They must have dragged in a bunch of session musicians to play on those albums (like Big Brother's "Cheap Thrills"), because if you watch videos from the era, those guys just stunk on ice.

That's "The San Francisco Sound tm"

A lot of the San Francisco bands were borderline inept - totally a 'right place at the right time' situation. They must have dragged in a bunch of session musicians to play on those albums (like Big Brother's "Cheap Thrills"), because if you watch videos from the era, those guys just stunk on ice.

As soon as I started reading your post Big Brother came to mind! TERRIBLE band imo.

I don't have enough Poop emojis to hand out in this thread. I feel like @Alex Kenivel right now. :brick

:rofl
Melissa Mccarthy Poop GIF

I kinda chuckle at Bonamassa, just the fact this white kid who came from a middle class family in the suburbs managed to turn himself into a 1%’er by playing blues music. Totally respect what and how he does what he does, dude banks on himself and doesn’t rely on promoters, runs a staff of about 20 people and DIY’s everything. He’s also made no bones about the decision to market himself by throwing on a pair of shades and a suit, which is basically when his career went from guy-playing-shit-clubs to legit venues.

What Jay Leno was to comedy and stand-up Joe Bonamassa is to guitar and the Blues.

That's as cranky and irritable as I can be today. :LOL:

I’m not saying it’s not possible to play something amazing in one pentatonic scale in the key but it’s extremely rare.

It’s rarely just the straight pentatonic in the one key. That’s mostly the preserve of guitar players that are unwilling to learn how to count to ten🤣
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I find someone that can’t say something meaningful and moving with the five most important notes of a single tonal center does not benefit by throwing in less important notes and more tonal centers.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I find someone that can’t say something meaningful and moving with the five most important notes of a single tonal center does not benefit by throwing in less important notes and more tonal centers.
The point I am making is they don’t. Most just play the same BS shapes they play on everything with no melody and no relevance. I am not saying that it can’t happen but it almost never does.

Back