Warmoth Parts-Caster Build

Bourne's low-friction 500kΩ

AVDNMWd.jpg
The emptiness of this cavity makes me giggle....that pot looks so lonely. It's like a single child in a penthouse suite.

kevin-kevin-mccallister.gif

When you use the Trem Stop(if you have used them in the past), can you hear the stop hit the trem block? I use ESP Trem Stabilizers, the active spring load type and wound up needing to improve upon the pad they included. I actual cut a small piece of the fuzzy side of Velcro and stick that on the trem block, between the block and the stop.

ESP trem stabilizer.jpg

When you use the Trem Stop(if you have used them in the past), can you hear the stop hit the trem block? I use ESP Trem Stabilizers, the active spring load type and wound up needing to improve upon the pad they included. I actual cut a small piece of the fuzzy side of Velcro and stick that on the trem block, between the block and the stop.

View attachment 26792
I use these on my other blocked-Floyd guitar for that issue, and they work fine..

It's a tiny adhesive-backed foam pad.

I stick it on the sustain block to stop any "clank" sound if you let the bar go too freely.

zKkSFVr.jpg

bl82sxx.jpg

I use these on my other blocked-Floyd guitar for that issue, and they work fine..

It's a tiny adhesive-backed foam pad.

I stick it on the sustain block to stop any "clank" sound if you let the bar go too freely.

zKkSFVr.jpg

bl82sxx.jpg
Where did you get those, they look like a good piece. For a while I used the smallest felt furniture foot pads (non scratching for floors), but they
wore out quicker. The non hook velcro seems to hold up pretty good. I'm excited to see your finished product!!!

I use Carmex lip balm, it helps quite a bit. You reminded me, my MGR at work is retiring soon and divested his entire music gear collection. I bought a couple of piece on the cheap, like 88 key Yamaha Digi piano with weighted keys and old MIJ ES335 type guitar (Mateo) made in the same factory as Ibanez started, Hoshino. But he gave me, for free, a set of Gibby T Tops and an original 70's Dimarzio Super Distortion in Creme with no model markings on the back except for Dimarzio. I need to figure out a destination for it.

I use Carmex lip balm, it helps quite a bit. You reminded me, my MGR at work is retiring soon and divested his entire music gear collection. I bought a couple of piece on the cheap, like 88 key Yamaha Digi piano with weighted keys and old MIJ ES335 type guitar (Mateo) made in the same factory as Ibanez started, Hoshino. But he gave me, for free, a set of Gibby T Tops and an original 70's Dimarzio Super Distortion in Creme with no model markings on the back except for Dimarzio. I need to figure out a destination for it.
Some of the parts I'm using on this build, I've had for a very long time..

I think I've had this pickup for about 15 years.

The big brass sustain block was on a Kramer I sold on eBay back in 2004.

This is my latest Strat. I love semihollow's light weight on my old neck. Super Vee Trem, Fender Soft V neck, roasted maple, Arcane 69 Experience single set, Hipshot staggered lockers, Graphtec Tusq nut, ESP trem stabilizer. Some of the best single coils, I've ever owned. I bought them used and the seller had put an addon steel plate on the bridge PuP.

Silver Streak.jpg

Floyd Rose string retainer..

Yes or no ?

Zrf9vfv.jpg

Is it required ?

vKbkg4J.jpg

edit: Ok, this build needs the string retainer. My Dean ML with a Floyd does not have the retainer, but it's a tilt-back headstock. This not being a tilt-back design.. it's gonna need the retainer to get the strings aligned correctly before they go to the tuners.

Last edited:
Back