An idiot attempts to build a 2204

Yeah I got all the pre and power amp tubes, plus the basic wires, last week.

TBH work and life is kicking my ass at the moment so I just haven’t had the bandwidth for much gear/music related activities at all. I need to start looking at caps and resistors and such, but Im waiting to find some time where I can devote some focused attention to it.

Baby steps…

IMG_4725.jpeg

I’ve only built a couple of amps and it was great fun. A Dumble clone and a jtm . Take your time and keep everything neat and clean.

How is the amp building going @Whizzinby ? How much do you think you are going to have in this project once you have everything? I want to build one eventually. Thanks for being our resident guinea pig :rofl

Looking Back To School GIF

How is the amp building going @Whizzinby ? How much do you think you are going to have in this project once you have everything? I want to build one eventually. Thanks for being our resident guinea pig :rofl

Looking Back To School GIF

I’ve gathered almost everything except the capacitors, resistors, pots etc. I’m at the point where I need to be staring at the schematic obsessively, and I just haven’t had the time. I’m hoping to be in the actual build phase by the end of spring.

I needed to buy all the tools, which has been about a third of my spend to this point. I’d guess I’m in for about $650 so far. I think I have about another $100 in parts to get. (Pending the results and a decision whether to put it in an enclosure)
Having the tools (Multimeter, soldering iron etc) would drastically slash the total spend. Otherwise the only real notable costs for the amp stuff are the transformers and tubes.

Back