Video Games

Beat the final boss of the DLC. I felt like I cheated hiding behind a huge greatshield and poking once or twice when I could.

That whole fight is straight up crap because there's time to do 1-2 hits even with a fast weapon during very few openings. The boss is relentless at launching into another attack. I had to rot and poison him. I did learn to parry him in the first phase but the second is way too much for me. Summoned my Mimic Tear but he was largely useless.

Also beat Bayle before the final boss. That fight is better when you have max scadutree upgrades and use the dragon katana, but it's still a lot of camera going wild and having no idea what is going on. I think that's all the bosses in the DLC unless I missed some dungeon.

Here's a pic of my victorious character "Ballthier of Ulm" and his ballsack chin!

Elden Ring character 1.jpg

Beat the final boss of the DLC.
Meanwhile, I'm exactly where I was the last time I posted. I literally can't find anyone/ anything new to fight. So tired of mowing lawns.

From, I am disappoint.

maes-b-lost-in-a-field.gif

Meanwhile, I'm exactly where I was the last time I posted. I literally can't find anyone/ anything new to fight. So tired of mowing lawns.

From, I am disappoint.

maes-b-lost-in-a-field.gif
Rellana is quite a gatekeeper at the start of the DLC. I fought her again with my mage character and that went terribly with something like 5 scadutree blessings. I had to summon Leda before the fight and then spawn Tiche in and just ganksquad the hell out of Rellana. I tried her so many times solo using parries, different weapons...the damage output on my INT/DEX build was always too low and she could kill me in 2-3 hits.

After you get through her, the DLC opens up a lot with plenty of places to go.

You can get to that place without defeating her but it's quite a ways around, but without any mandatory bosses in the way. If I remember correctly you need to start from the Castle Front site of grace and then go east on the side of the mountain, the goal is to find a spiritspring that throws you to Fort of Reprimand.

Other route you can take is find the Imbued Stonesword Key and find a teleporter in Castle Ensis to go to a different area.

Rellana is quite a gatekeeper at the start of the DLC. I fought her again with my mage character and that went terribly with something like 5 scadutree blessings. I had to summon Leda before the fight and then spawn Tiche in and just ganksquad the hell out of Rellana. I tried her so many times solo using parries, different weapons...the damage output on my INT/DEX build was always too low and she could kill me in 2-3 hits.

After you get through her, the DLC opens up a lot with plenty of places to go.

You can get to that place without defeating her but it's quite a ways around, but without any mandatory bosses in the way. If I remember correctly you need to start from the Castle Front site of grace and then go east on the side of the mountain, the goal is to find a spiritspring that throws you to Fort of Reprimand.

Other route you can take is find the Imbued Stonesword Key and find a teleporter in Castle Ensis to go to a different area.
I defeated her a while ago… and found that she was “gatekeeping” an area I’d already seen. And now I can’t find anything new whatsoever. I’m sure it’s just a matter of running extremely thorough perimeter walks everywhere, but honestly, it’s become a tedious chore.

Just found a few new grace points where I’d zigged but should have zagged, and then forgot about coming back to check the alternative route. Made my way to Cerrulean Coast. Pretty!

I defeated her a while ago… and found that she was “gatekeeping” an area I’d already seen. And now I can’t find anything new whatsoever. I’m sure it’s just a matter of running extremely thorough perimeter walks everywhere, but honestly, it’s become a tedious chore.
You haven't rolled your way through Shadow Keep yet?

You haven't rolled your way through Shadow Keep yet?
No idea. Is that what’s behind the vines marked “sealed by shadow” or something to that effect, after the dancing lion? No idea (again) what the game wants me to do here. (Nor at the gate “sealed by Miquela”.)

No idea. Is that what’s behind the vines marked “sealed by shadow” or something to that effect, after the dancing lion? No idea (again) what the game wants me to do here. (Nor at the gate “sealed by Miquela”.)
Nah, it's the big ass castle straight down the road from the grace after Rellana boss fight.

Nah, it's the big ass castle straight down the road from the grace after Rellana boss fight.
Apparently not? Or at least I had not yet fought the Golden Hippopotamus.

Last edited:
On my second DLC playthru maining Thiollier's Needle as my main weapon but tried out the dueling shields (specifically the carian thrusting shield or whatever it's called) and holy shit they are cracked

Definitely an "easy mode" option

Finished Like A Dragon Gaiden. Overall solid fun, but the actually good substories were few. Very epic and touching ending tho.

Finished Like A Dragon Gaiden. Overall solid fun, but the actually good substories were few. Very epic and touching ending tho.
Want to try Infinite Wealth, but I hate SEGA with the Deluxe/Ultimate edition shenanigans (other devs/publishers, too).

But I saw a vid of it when it came out and it looked so fun and quirky.

Oh, and on STEAM: Fucking 70€$ for a fucking digital game. So the 30% off it is right now is still ~49€$. Fuck me, no.

1720462833127.png

Then the DLCs... Fuck me even harder.

Want to try Infinite Wealth, but I hate SEGA with the Deluxe/Ultimate edition shenanigans (other devs/publishers, too).

But I saw a vid of it when it came out and it looked so fun and quirky.

Oh, and on STEAM: Fucking 70€$ for a fucking digital game. So the 30% off it is right now is still ~49€$. Fuck me, no.

View attachment 25052
Then the DLCs... Fuck me even harder.
Honestly most of the DLC for this game is not worth buying. I watched a video of the additional DLC dungeon and the associated storyline was very poorly done, and the extra jobs and outfits are not that good either. I'd just buy the base game.

https://isthereanydeal.com is a good place to look for deals from 3rd party Steam key sellers.

Just be prepared, it's a pretty long game. I managed to spend about 130 h on it doing most of the side stuff that wasn't overly grindy.

Have you played other Yakuza games?

EDIT: The previous Like A Dragon RPG is on Xbox Game Pass PC so if you haven't played any of the series, start with that one for low cost.

Last edited:
Started Lies of P since it's on Xbox Game Pass PC.

When I installed the game, I got this Azure Dragon Crescent Glaive special weapon which seems to be some Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty collab added in a patch. I used it until I got to the factory level when I swapped it for the Booster Glaive Blade since it's easier to upgrade with regular upgrade materials.

I don't like the whole Pinocchio setting and story. The story is so far a complete snoozefest and the NPC characters have the charisma of a wet blanket.

But the game looks gorgeous and plays like a good Soulslike with its own things going on. So far I've enjoyed it, solid levels and alright bosses. I like that it's kind of Bloodborne-ish, but so far the enemy designs are kinda lame and even the dogs aren't the teleporting bastards they are in From games.

It has some good quality of life things like the two tier belt inventory. I'm still learning the perfect guards, using the fable arts and what the different items do.

It feels a bit weird coming to this from Elden Ring when you aren't suddenly dodging 5 attack combos and can be much more confident in trying parries. I've died only a few times and done the bosses in 1-2 tries. I'm sure the difficulty ramps up from here.

Started Lies of P since it's on Xbox Game Pass PC.

When I installed the game, I got this Azure Dragon Crescent Glaive special weapon which seems to be some Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty collab added in a patch. I used it until I got to the factory level when I swapped it for the Booster Glaive Blade since it's easier to upgrade with regular upgrade materials.

I don't like the whole Pinocchio setting and story. The story is so far a complete snoozefest and the NPC characters have the charisma of a wet blanket.

But the game looks gorgeous and plays like a good Soulslike with its own things going on. So far I've enjoyed it, solid levels and alright bosses. I like that it's kind of Bloodborne-ish, but so far the enemy designs are kinda lame and even the dogs aren't the teleporting bastards they are in From games.

It has some good quality of life things like the two tier belt inventory. I'm still learning the perfect guards, using the fable arts and what the different items do.

It feels a bit weird coming to this from Elden Ring when you aren't suddenly dodging 5 attack combos and can be much more confident in trying parries. I've died only a few times and done the bosses in 1-2 tries. I'm sure the difficulty ramps up from here.
IIRC they put some Lies of P-themed items in Wo Long, too. I think it kind of undermines the integrity of both fictions.

The Pinocchio story slowly grew on me. (Though the name "Lies of P" is a clunker; there's no getting around it.) I thought the combination of short cutscenes and NPC behaviors were just enough to keep things moving along, versus the FromSoft formula: "kill everything/ almost nothing else happens/ hope you like item descriptions".

The game really is gorgeous, and incredibly well optimized. I jumped back and forth between a Series S and a One S (!) while I was playing, and the only major compromise with the latter was long load times. Graphics and frame rate were amazing on aging, budget hardware.

As we've covered, I don't generally like parry mechanics in soulslikes, but it felt more natural to me in Lies of P, and less like a QuickTime event gimmick.

As for difficulty... once you learn its language (mainly, when it wants you to block versus dodge) it can be pretty easy. My second playthrough I ran through at least 1/3 of the game in just a handful of hours without dying once. But then I encountered a boss that felt like a brick wall. There are definitely a couple of difficulty spikes.

It's a great addition to the genre IMO. I would have missed it if @Devin hadn't convinced me to give it another shot. It's relatively short, I suppose, but after Elden Ring + Shadow of the Erdtree, that might be refreshing. And with Game Pass, the price is right. :)

Lies of P fuckin rules

Curious to know when the DLC will be available :love
I didn't know they were planning DLC! :O

I remember there being a trailer at the end of Lies of P implying they were working another Wizard of Oz themed game. Or are these one and the same?

Back