Universal Audio OX Stomp

That’s cool, glad you’re gelling with it!
So far so good. I think it’s possible I really like UA’s cab IR’s a lot. Not saying they don’t have any fairy dust in the molding but that’s what I’m thinking. I should try running another modeling platform through my OX Stomp and see.

So far so good. I think it’s possible I really like UA’s cab IR’s a lot. Not saying they don’t have any fairy dust in the molding but that’s what I’m thinking. I should try running another modeling platform through my OX Stomp and see.
I gotta laugh though (and this isn't a criticism of the OX Stomp): UA fans range from excited to really, really passionate about their cabs, which is fine. Then on the other end, we've got TMP users going "I don't see what the big deal about using your preferred IR's is. Just use what it has."

What a strange world of gear. :D

I gotta laugh though (and this isn't a criticism of the OX Stomp): UA fans range from excited to really, really passionate about their cabs, which is fine. Then on the other end, we've got TMP users going "I don't see what the big deal about using your preferred IR's is. Just use what it has."

Lol! Sure is! Very fascinating to watch.

Laughs in "uses Boss IRs with everything" :oops:

So you’re running the Lion and the OX Stomp? Ain’t cheap, but that basically solves the issue of no effects loop. Very cool.
No I’ve not tried the Lion with the Ox. Just the Lion on its own and the cabs sound good but the Ox has more dialing in options. I may give that a try but I want to leave the Ox at home so seeing if the Lion can work as my direct sound for gigs I have to go that way. Ohhh on the loop thing I run my effects after the Lion into a direct box for XLR so that’s not an issue for me if I use just the Lion

I found this approach interesting and sounds dang good in the clips. Again for me the mic’d cab sounds better. lol!

No I’ve not tried the Lion with the Ox. Just the Lion on its own and the cabs sound good but the Ox has more dialing in options. I may give that a try but I want to leave the Ox at home so seeing if the Lion can work as my direct sound for gigs I have to go that way. Ohhh on the loop thing I run my effects after the Lion into a direct box for XLR so that’s not an issue for me if I use just the Lion
The lack of any cab adjustment is a big miss on the UA amp sim pedals. I wasn't over the moon about any of the UA Lion cabs and there's nothing I can do about that except combine the pedal with another cab sim product. If they offered at least some different mics ala OX Stomp, that would help.

It's so frustrating to see products that do sound good, that could be genuinely great, but are hampered by whatever is going on at the decision making table at UA.

I found this approach interesting and sounds dang good in the clips. Again for me the mic’d cab sounds better. lol!

Very timely video. So this thought has really came around for me again. FM3 and GM800 on a board on top of the PS100 controlled by either my FC6 or 12, depending on how big the stage is.
:love

The lack of any cab adjustment is a big miss on the UA amp sim pedals. I wasn't over the moon about any of the UA Lion cabs and there's nothing I can do about that except combine the pedal with another cab sim product. If they offered at least some different mics ala OX Stomp, that would help.

It's so frustrating to see products that do sound good, that could be genuinely great, but are hampered by whatever is going on at the decision making table at UA.
I like the greenback cab in there and the rest would be fine for certain mix scenarios but not my play live or for fun go to. Need to register it so I can try out the others tat get loaded but yeah may end up using the OX with it. I’ve never had a product I didn’t not like something about it so UA obviously missing the boat on features I’d like isn’t new to me and I now tend to overlook those things if the sound is good and work around it.

Very timely video. So this thought has really came around for me again. FM3 and GM800 on a board on top of the PS100 controlled by either my FC6 or 12, depending on how big the stage is.
:love
IMO the PS-100 is a bit of a waste of money for this use though. It sounds good but you could just use a cheaper solid-state poweramp. The PS-100 uses are 90% with tube amps IMO.

My BluGuitar Amp 1 ME is massively lighter and doesn't sound all that different when used with a modeler. More "guitar amp" (because that's what it is) when using its fx return, but still real good.

IMO the PS-100 is a bit of a waste of money for this use though. It sounds good but you could just use a cheaper solid-state poweramp. The PS-100 uses are 90% with tube amps IMO.

My BluGuitar Amp 1 ME is massively lighter and doesn't sound all that different when used with a modeler. More "guitar amp" (because that's what it is) when using its fx return, but still real good.
I was thinking the same when I watched that video but if you want a tube power section it’s a good option IMHO. I’ve not bonded with solid state power but I’d be willing to give it a go if I had need.

I get you. But the problem is you want massive headroom. Which SS amps aren't going go have unless you get some 2/3u rack behemoth. Some Blackstar Amped 4 turd is not what I want for a power amp. So it's kind of one of those slippery slopes to "just get a Katana and be done with it". Which I am not about at all.

I was thinking the same when I watched that video but if you want tube power section it’s good option IMHO. I’ve not bonded with solid state power but I’d be willing to give it a go if I had need.
For me, too; it becomes this OCD jenga game where I am just attracted to the thumbnail of that video where everything fitting on the top of the PS100 as much as I am drawn to how it all sounds :oops: :rofl

Well to me it takes pedals well too. Set with the boost on the Lion on a foot switch and a J Rocket Archer before.. it’s as much gain as I’d ever need for my gig. The JHS Kikt was cool in front too. That’s all the pedals I’ve messed with. Cleans up well with the volume knob too. I’m still impressed. I’ve not been this happy with Marshall tones from a digital modeler ever. It actually reacts like a Marshall with the knob setting. Definitely some head scratching with some features missing for sure but I’m going to give a gig and see how it goes.

Depending on what i want i usually use Lion direct with its cabs or into Ox Box and guitar cab.

I tend to disagree with the overpriced comment. Let's take the Lion, it's 3 great amp models, with 2 boosts each, 6 great cab sims and great room sim and perfectly usable gate. In a hardware that has great AD/DA quality, is stereo I/O and optional does a loop to switch other pedals in/out. 432€
In the past I bought a few Softube Marshall sims. Plugins. No hardware, just 1 amp, no boosts, 1 cab, 100 bucks each. They are very good but don't kick me as much as the Lion. I plug into that one and a few hours go by in a heartbeat.
Price is relative. As good as I like it now I would pay a lot more for it to get it back would it be taken from me.
I'm actually in the "these things aren't really overpriced" camp on this, but your comparison is, like, I dunno, "my [insert watch that costs a couple grand] isn't overpriced, look at [insert watch that has similar quality of materials but fewer features and costs ten grand]!!!!"

Back