Two Notes OPUS!!!

On the hardware unit itself for standalone use (?)

Not interested in loading / changing via DAW's etc.....
Not likely. You'd have to use the remote on your computer. That said, that wasn't specified in your question, so I apologize that the question you're actually asking wasn't answered.

Hi Amy !

Can the on-board 32 Dyn IR's be changed / swapped out -or- are they "baked-in" ?

Ben
Hi @BenIfin,

Great question! So you can swap any of the preloaded cabinets that are loaded in the internal memory. OPUS has 64 slots in total, and 32 are already used. Loading cabinets is done via the CABINET MANAGER tab in Torpedo Remote on a computer via the USB connection. the unit has to be registered to your account!

Hi @BenIfin,

Great question! So you can swap any of the preloaded cabinets that are loaded in the internal memory. OPUS has 64 slots in total, and 32 are already used. Loading cabinets is done via the CABINET MANAGER tab in Torpedo Remote on a computer via the USB connection. the unit has to be registered to your account!
So it has twice as many as the Cab M+? Interesting.

Hi @BenIfin,

Thanks heaps Amy !

So just to clarify:-

=> loading new Dyn IR's is done via the PC Software (?)

and

=> if I dont like, say 14 of the 32 in-built Dyn IR's .... I *can* replace them with 14 new/different Dyn IR's and have them permanently loaded onto the Opus for total stand-alone use / non-PC connected use (?)

And lastly ... a final question

=> how many Dyn IR's in total does the Opus "License" come with -and- do I have to pay for any additional Dyn IR's over and above the 32 Dyn IR's included (?)

Thanks,
Ben

Thanks heaps Amy !

So just to clarify:-

=> loading new Dyn IR's is done via the PC Software (?)

and

=> if I dont like, say 14 of the 32 in-built Dyn IR's .... I *can* replace them with 14 new/different Dyn IR's and have them permanently loaded onto the Opus for total stand-alone use / non-PC connected use (?)

And lastly ... a final question

=> how many Dyn IR's in total does the Opus "License" come with -and- do I have to pay for any additional Dyn IR's over and above the 32 Dyn IR's included (?)

Thanks,
Ben
You can can all 32 of the DynIRs and replace them (and the remaining slots) with 64 DynIRs you prefer. At least, that is if it works like the Cab M+, just with more available slots.

You should buy now. They have a massive sale right now. Some up to 90% off. You can get the complete official pack (ie, for brands like Celestion, Revv, etc) with (I think) 251 DynIRs for $251.

You can can all 32 of the DynIRs and replace them (and the remaining slots) with 64 DynIRs you prefer. At least, that is if it works like the Cab M+, just with more available slots.

You should buy now. They have a massive sale right now. Some up to 90% off. You can get the complete official pack (ie, for brands like Celestion, Revv, etc) with (I think) 251 DynIRs for $251.

Thanks .. so your saying that the "Opus" [almost certainly] only comes with the 32 specified Dyn IR's -and- if I want to change, say, 14 of them with different Dyn IR's, I will have to buy for those additional new/extra 14 Dyn IR's (?)

Ben

Thanks .. so your saying that the "Opus" [almost certainly] only comes with the 32 specified Dyn IR's -and- if I want to change, say, 14 of them with different Dyn IR's, I will have to buy for those additional new/extra 14 Dyn IR's (?)

Ben
I am also saying that if you were efficient with your money, you'd buy now because they are having quite a sale on their DynIRs.

Been listening to more Opus Video's ........ in all the demo's, the Foundry [Fender] and especially the Foxy [Vox] both seem to be very limited in terms of their max. gain compared to their real-world counterparts ..... exactly like the Walrus ACS1 FW 1.x before they upped the gain substantially in the ACS1 FW 2.x .... ???

Anyone else noticed this ?

Ben

Last edited:

Ben
Hi @BenIfin,

That's correct! We have 700+ DynIRs on our store and you can demo them before purchasing!

fwiw demoing DynIRs with the Cab M+ was really easy and seamless, so while you have to purchase more to get more, you can get a solid idea of what ones you like or don't like before buying as long as you don't mind being tethered to your computer while trying them out.

I don't have any interest in the Opus, but the Cab M+ was great while I had it, and Two Notes truly does a great job with their software. The control app always worked and connected seamlessly both with my iPhone and iPad—truly just launching the app and there we go—and the PC software was excellent, very well-designed, and very easy to use. I am not a fan of hardware that relies on software (and the Cab M+ at least definitely did not outside of swapping out DynIRs, since you could do everything else from the front panel, which is easy to use), but I think Two Notes at least does it very well.

One holds connection via Bluetooth, the other did not hold connection longer than 90 seconds.
Yeah I have had similar issues with the XSonic Airstep. iOS was always solid, Android had trouble connecting. No idea what is the technical difference in this regard, with most things Android and Bluetooth just works no different from iOS.

Mine should be getting here tomorrow. Looking forward to giving it a go.

Be very interested to hear what you think of the [max.] on-board Gain for the Fender and Vox when using HB's and without any up-front drives or boosts - the amount of Gain on those 2 Pre-Amps [on the current release FW ] seems very-limited compared to the "real" amps (?)

Ben

Back