Tuners

I'd really like to grab one of the Turbo Tuners, but they're impossible to find in Canada.
Apparently they had one dealer but they have apparently gone out of business since I found them. :idk

Anyone has experience with the Peterson StroboStomp HD and how does it compare with a regular "needle" Boss TU-3?
Also, how speedy it is compared to tuners in modelers (helix, axefx)?

Anyone has experience with the Peterson StroboStomp HD and how does it compare with a regular "needle" Boss TU-3?
Also, how speedy it is compared to tuners in modelers (helix, axefx)?

When I got the Peterson Strobo Stomp Classic (stompbox version; older silver built-like-a-brick-shithouse version) several years ago, I dug it so much that I grabbed the clip on StroboClip HD as well. This after decades of using BOSS TU-12 and similar.

I believe it is an LCD panel on both, and mimics the "spinning wheel" of the old mechanical units. It is *very* speedy and smooth in its rotation.

The killer bonus with Peterson tuners is their "Sweetened" tuning which helps the B string of the guitar play nice with the rest of the strings.

No more needle tuners for me.

Used a Korg pitchplack foreeeeeever up until recently. Now I just use the tuner on my HX One

My CE24 came with a clip on PRS tuner that lights up birds when you are in tune :love

TC Polytune 3.

The pedal uses less than 100mA so the daisy chain feature let's me power my OD (200mA) off the same 500mA adapter.

TC-Electronic-PolyTune-3-Guitar-Tuner-Pedal-POLYTUNE3_4_result.jpg

Last edited:
TC Polytune 3.

The pedal uses less than 100mA so the daisy chain feature let's me power my OD (200mA) off the same 500mA adapter.

TC-Electronic-PolyTune-3-Guitar-Tuner-Pedal-POLYTUNE3_4_result.jpg
The full size Turbo Tuner has this feature as well. I just run it off battery instead because the battery lasts seemingly forever. I've owned the pedal for several years, and changed the battery once!

Turbo Tuner is so fast so accurate and so easy to read at a glance. Favorite thing or only thing I ever heard about first on TGP. At home I mostly use the Kemper strobe tuner but live or for setups the TT is just a benchmark tuner. I have the original, which is already small. It can be powered or run for something like a thousand hours on a 9volt battery. I’ve used the newer mini version which seems to work just as well, eith a slightly smaller display. I know clip-ons are fine but really never half as quick as the Turbo Tuner. It’s so easy to love a great tuner, no tone creep no doubts etc. .. oh maybe intonation.. but hey don’t blame the messenger™

Bought a used Turbo Tuner ST-300 a few years ago and haven't looked for a tuner ever since.

I do sometimes use phone apps for tuning e.g in a guitar store or tuning my acoustic.
I have a ST-300 mini. It’s super fast and super accurate. I have experimented with sweetened tunings with it. You just edit a text file to change the settings such as if the tuner is on or off during power up and for adjusting the tuning cents.

Not sure at this point. When I last tried their website it was all completely out of stock anyway?
I'm not that bothered any more as I'm not using my pedalboard for the time being.

I use a D’Addario clip-on tuner. Only way to play authenticTM and stay in tune for me.

View attachment 23273
I've been wanting to buy something like this to use on my acoustic but haven't put in the effort to figure out which model is the best. Best as in "most practical", "best accuracy" or "best price/quality ratio".

Any recommendations other than the D'Addario?

Back