Rack or Pedal Tuner?

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
I've been using clip-on tuners for years, but not sure how practical those are for gigging (my eyesight isn't what it used to be), so I bought a clone pedal tuner (Donner?) the other day. The very next day, I worked a deal for a second bass rig simply to get the 410 cab (which will end up costing next to nothing once I sell the amp that came with it) and the rig came with a Sabine rack tuner.

I tried the pedal tuner out the other day and everything seemed fine. Tried the rack tuner before I bought the rig and we were in the seller's garage this morning with sunlight coming in which made it hard to read the LED display to see what I was tuned to... didn't help the seller had his bass tuned what he kept referring to as "Flat tuning", which I took to mean D#.

Now I'm home, have 3 clip-ons, a pedal and a rack tuner... question is, do I keep the pedal or the rack tuner?

Thoughts? Recommendations? Anecdotes of why one is better than the other? Illicit pix of @DrewJD82 trying to tune his "fish"?

Rack if you have a rack. Otherwise; pedal tuner. I actually use my Polytune clip on the most. I love the pedal as well.

Try these they are very accurate

1687787337870.png

Back